Over the last few weeks, one of the questions often bandied about by Yankees fans is, “Who will start Game 4?” With the Yankees selecting the longer first round series, this question only becomes relevant starting in the ALCS. While the options most bandied about have been Joba Chamberlain and Chad Gaudin, the Yankees do have another option. If they choose to use CC Sabathia on 3 days rest, they could avoid using either pitcher and use their best 3 guys until the World Series. Let’s take a look at the schedule. I will assume that Burnett gets the #2 role, but you can flip him and Pettitte if you would like. Everyone is on full rest unless noted.
Gm 1 Wed Oct. 7 Sabathia
Gm 2 Fri Oct. 9 Burnett
Gm 3 Sun Oct. 11 Pettitte
Gm 4* Mon Oct. 12 Sabathia
Gm 5* Wed Oct. 14 Burnett
If the Yankees sweep, CC would start Game 1 of the next series on regular rest. If they win in 4 or 5, he would start on 3 days rest. Either way, this is how the next series would play out.
Gm 1 Fri Oct. 16 Sabathia (on 3 days)
Gm 2 Sat Oct. 17 Pettitte (unless they won previous series in 4, then Burnett and Pettitte flip)
Gm 3 Mon Oct. 19 Burnett
Gm 4 Tue Oct. 20 Sabathia (on 3 days)
Gm 5* Thu Oct. 22 Pettitte
Gm 6* Sat Oct. 24 Burnett
Gm 7* Sun Oct. 25 Sabathia (on full rest)
If the ALCS does not go to 7, CC could go 1, 4, 7 in the World Series, with the last two being on short rest. However, that might be overextending him, so I would likely use a 4th starter at some point, with CC going 1 and 5. If it does go 7, this is how the World Series would shake out.
Gm 1 Wed Oct. 28 Pettitte
Gm 2 Thu Oct. 29 Burnett
Gm 3 Sat Oct. 31 Sabathia
Gm 4 Sun Nov. 1 Chamberlain/Gaudin
Gm 5* Mon Nov. 2 Pettitte
Gm 6* Wed Nov. 4 Burnett
Gm 7* Thu Nov. 5 Sabathia
CC is the Yankees’ best pitcher, and he has pitched well in his 4 previous starts on short rest. I would like to get him into the ALCS three times and then make due with a 4th starter in the World Series. What would you do?
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees