Here’s some reading material for a quiet Sunday morning before a busy day night of playoff Baseball. Red Sox-Angels play at noon in Fenway, Yanks-Twins starts at 7:00 in Minnesota and Phillies-Rockies starts at 10 PM in Colorado, assuming they don’t have another blizzard.
-Ian O’Connor interviews fan fave Tino Martinez discusses how this Yankee team reminds him of the late 90′s teams he played on. Here’s a sample:
Tino’s teams almost always seized those moment-of-truth nights in the division series and ALCS, games against the A’s, Indians, Rangers, Mariners, whoever.
The Yankee teams of the recent past?
“Those teams probably would’ve folded in the ninth,” Martinez said. “They would’ve packed it in. And it’s been demoralizing to a former player to see other teams celebrating at our expense the last few years, especially when you know how Jeter and Mariano [Rivera] are feeling.
“But this team never quits. It’s reminiscent of what we did.”
-The NY Times has a story with some recently discovered footage of Babe Ruth dating back to 1928, with video link.
-Baseball Intellect asks where Joba’s fastball has gone.
-Rob Neyer asks why Wild Card teams have won more often than their opponents with home field advantage.
-David Golebiewski of Fangraphs examines Nick Swisher’s resurgence in Pinstripes.
-Beyond the Boxscore has a chart looking at each team’s chances facing each other in possible playoff/World Series match ups. Yanks come out on top in every instance.
-Baseball Daily Digest looks at A-Rod’s clutch history on the post season.
-Allan Barra of the Wall Street Journal examines the elusive definition of ‘clutch’ and puts A-Rod’s post season struggles in context of other Yankee greats. I’ll have a full length piece going up later today about A-Rod in the post season discussing both articles.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees