Although the MSM is going to beat us to death about the fact that the Angels have owned the Yankees in the postseason, let’s look at some facts….
Wow. So we have one player who was on the 2002 Angels on the 2009 Angels (John Lackey). And we have four players who were on the the 2005 Angels that are on the 2009 Angels (Figgins, Lackey, Vlad Guerrero, and Juan Rivera)…….
So we have two hitters (Jeter and Posada) and two pitchers (Mo and Pettitte) who played for the Yanks against the Angels in 2002 who will be playing in this series. We have five hitters (Alex Rodriguez, Posada, Matsui, Jeter and Cano) and ONE pitcher from the 2005 Yankees (Mo) who will be playing in this series.
In what freaking way is what happened in 2002 and 2005 relevant to what will happen in 2009?
Quite frankly, it is not relevant at all. This Yankee team is incredibly different from last year’s team, let alone the 2005 and 2002 clubs. The Angels have changed a lot since these teams last met in October as well. They no longer have a lockdown bullpen, they have question marks in their rotation, and are now built around their offense. The only thing relevant to this series is the 5-5 record the two teams played to against each other this season, and even that does not contain much meaning. It is time to stop treating things that happened 4 years ago as meaningful to an evaluation of this series.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees