From Bill Madden:
In the meantime, Girardi couldn’t have expected that David Robertson, one of the last players put on the roster, would be his most effective reliever outside of Rivera. Robertson has gotten Girardi a total of nine outs in the postseason, all of them in extra innings. Scouts, impressed by the 23-year-old’s performance under pressure, wondered if the Yankees might consider turning the second-year righthander into a starter, allowing him to use all of his pitches.
“I’m a reliever and I’m gonna stay a reliever,” said Robertson, who was a closer at the University of Alabama when the Yankees drafted him on the 17th round in 2006. “I haven’t started a game since college and we’ll be fine next year in the starting rotation.”
Supposedly because that’s where Hughes and Chamberlain are headed.
I’m going to assume, from this point forward, that any scout who would not put his name to such an innocuous thought is fictional, and is just a literary construct used by Madden to make his own ridiculous suggestions. Robertson does not have multiple pitches. Rather he has a fastball and a curveball, and therefore has no business moving to the rotation. Pitchers like Hughes and Chamberlain, on the other hand, have multiple pitches and plenty of experience as starters.
It is amazing that we have reached this point: Madden seems upset that the Yankees are moving two starters back into the rotation next season, and advocates moving a bullpen prospect into the rotation instead. Ridiculous.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees