We all know that CC Sabathia has the body, the rubber arm and the attitude to be successful on 3 days rest. We all remember that he did it with the Brewers last year with success, but what are his actual statistics on short rest? Is there any chink in his armor that might forebode disaster: a bad start, a low k/9, an increase in walks, perhaps? Thanks to BaseballReference.com, it’s pretty easy to find out and you can check it out at this link, here.
The short answer is, no, there are no bad signs at all to be found anywhere in his numbers on 3 days rest. In fact, the only scary thing about his stats are how good they are. In every single category, he betters his numbers on regular rest. k/9: 8.8 to 7.4, k/bb: 4.33 to 2.77, ERA: 1.01 to 3.66, OPS against: .413 to .684, WHIP 0.825 to 1.218. He’s pretty much been awesome on short rest with 2 caveats: a small sample size (only 4 games) and a low BAbip (.239 to .291) which may indicate that he had his share of luck in these starts.
Of course, those starts don’t factor in the poor playoff outing last year which was probably caused by the consecutive starts on 3 days rest. This shouldn’t be an issue, as CC will go back to normal rest for game 7. All in all, it’s possible that CC may actually be BETTER on short rest on Tuesday. There’s certainly no statistical evidence that he’ll suffer. What do you guys think? Any predictions for his outing? I’m going with 7 innings, 2 runs (and hopefully a 4th game sweep).
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees