According to Jose Arangure Jr. (ESPN), while attending yesterday’s game, Aroldis Chapman spoke with a few Yankees officials, including GM Brian Cashman. Arangure characterizes the meeting as a positive one, with “good conversations” between to the two parties. Hopefully, after Andy Pettitte notched his 16th postseason win, Aroldis was left dreaming of what could [...]
Not that it’s surprising, but, according to Jon Heyman (via Twitter), the Yankees are “leaning toward rotation of 1 thru 7: CC, AJ, Pettitte, CC, AJ, Pettitte, CC.” If this is the rotation the Yankees decide to use, then they’ll be pitching CC Sabathia on 3 days rest twice (Game 4 and 7), A.J. [...]
From Bill Madden:
In the meantime, Girardi couldn’t have expected that David Robertson, one of the last players put on the roster, would be his most effective reliever outside of Rivera. Robertson has gotten Girardi a total of nine outs in the postseason, all of them in extra innings. Scouts, impressed by the 23-year-old’s [...]
By Mike Jaggers-Radolf
Setting aside the Steinbrenner family’s gargantuan annual expectations for the Yankees, one thing is certain: 2009 has been a fantastic success for the team on the field, no matter when the Yankees’ season comes to its eventual end. The team put up its best record since 2002, has advanced deeper into the [...]
In a scene that was surely replicated in bars and living rooms around America, I turned to my friends after the final out of last night’s game and said, “It’s been too long.” Although it sounds like the conceit of a spoiled Yankee fan to consider 6 seasons between pennants a long stretch, the circumstances [...]
-Once again last night, the Yanks outperformed the Angels in what was supposed to be the Halo’s strength, playing clean, aggressive Baseball. The Yanks execution of fundamentals (walks, fielding, bunting) and the Angels inability to do so was clearly the difference in this series. Credit goes to the Yankee players and coaching [...]
The New York Yankees won the 2009 American League Championship Series in a 5-2 Game 6 victory against the Los Angeles Angels behind new all-time postseason victory leader Andy Pettitte.
The Angels drew first blood against Pettitte — who was phenomenal, and whose final line was 6.1 IP, 7H, [...]
It is only fitting that Andy Pettitte was on the mound tonight.
He was there in 1996, he should be there again this season, when comparisons to the late nineties Yankees have been so apparent.
It was fitting, and Pettitte was vintage.
He only pitched into the seventh inning, but he kept the Angels to [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees