When AJ Burnett allowed 4 runs in the first inning last night, I received a number of angry text messages from friends. Most of them were along the lines of “I told you he cannot be trusted!!! He is way too erratic and inconsistent!!!” My response was the same as it has been all year: [...]
Upon further review, I may have been too quick to vilify Joe Girardi in looking for a scapegoat for last night’s loss (slightly off topic, Dave Cameron at FanGraphs has a great post today about Girardi’s overmanagement in the ALCS). I still think Joe should have removed Burnett after [...]
I like instant replay. I don’t like long games. The biggest criticism of adopting an instant replay system in baseball is that it would take too long. For home run calls, we regularly see umpires disappear under the Stadium for five or more minutes at a time to check a call. Games are already very [...]
Major league management of closers makes me angry. Anyone who has watched a baseball game with me has probably seen me throw things when managers make the same mistake again and again. What is that mistake? Not using your closer in the highest-leverage situation in the game.
In the 7th inning, A.J. Burnett allowed two [...]
The second guesses are pouring in as to why we lost last night’s game, with many fans and pundits blaming the manager for every decision that didn’t work out. Let’s break them down one by one.
Why let Swisher bat in the 9th inning?-Ouch. Let’s dispose of this one immediately. Who did you want up [...]
It’s tempting to blame.
You can attach blame wherever you’d like, though only assigning blame does not do much. As my father has told me, some are in love with assigning blame and others prefer to fix problems.
So, here we go:
Some will blame AJ Burnett, some Joe Girardi, and some Phil Hughes.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees