Nick Blackburn had the Yankees’ number through the first five innings of Game 2 of the ALDS. Prior to the 6th inning, the Yankees had managed but one hit, a Robinson Cano single. Blackburn had the Yankees off balance for much of his outing, inducing a seemingly endless stream of [...]
I alluded to the Yankees sticking to the script last game, but this game was pure Hollywood tonight. How many dramatic, come from behind, walk off wins can a team have in one season? Down 3-1 in the ninth, facing the great Joe Nathan and Alex Rodriguez, of all people, blasts a 2-run bomb to [...]
Lineups via LoHud:
Pitching: RHP A.J. Burnett (13-9, 4.04 ERA regular season)
From Jim Baumbach (Newsday):
When Jeter was asked about a half hour ago if it’s going to be “weird” for him not having Posada behind the plate for a playoff game, he looked down and took several seconds to think of the right response.
“I mean it will be kind of awkward not having [...]
Here’s my question of the day for you guys. If it all winds up going south, who will take out the Yankees and why? I’d expect there to be a wide variance of opinion on this one. Originally, I feared that the Cardinals might have the right mix to beat the Bombers. they Have two [...]
As I did with CC Sabathia, I want to briefly run through A.J. Burnett’s history against the Twins. For his career, Brunett is 2-1 with 3.72 ERA against Minnesota in 6 starts. This season, AJ started twice against the Twins and finished 1-0 with a 2.77 ERA. He threw into the 7th in both games, [...]
I never thought I’d see the day. The Angels actually beat the Red Sox in a playoff game. I know they took one last year, but at that point it was too little, too late — you knew Boston was winning that series regardless.
For Boston to actually be [...]
With all the hue and cry among fans and in the blogosphere over whether Jorge Posada should or shouldn’t start in tonight’s game, one contention by those who oppose the move stood out to me, and got me thinking. When someone would cite Jorge’s defensive deficiencies (which are indisputable) they would minimize that by saying [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees