According to Tyler Kepner, if the Yankees pick the ALDS series that begins on Wednesday (which everyone seems to think they will), then both Wednesday’s and Friday’s games will start at 6:07pm.
Better start sharpening your get-out-of-work-early excuses now.
Since 2005, I’ve had the same exact reaction at the end of every Yankee season: “Man, they just couldn’t get a break this year.” The Yankees have faced a lot of adversity since they were humiliated by the Red Sox in 2004. That was the year the “Yankee Magic” fell apart, which really was the [...]
Improbably enough, the Twins and Tigers have made Yankee fans’ dreams come true and are playing each other in a one-game playoff on Tuesday. Whoever wins will come into Yankee Stadium on Wednesday beat up and facing a fresh CC Sabathia. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
7th inning, Twins up 9-4 now. This would be the best case scenario for the Yanks, forcing the Tigers to burn Jackson and wearing out the Twins already exhausted pen. How excited are you guys for this? Here’s the gamecast link: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2009_10_04_kcamlb_minmlb_1
Very interesting post, here, by Bill Wellman from Dugout Central utilizing four different metrics to attempt to predict which team is most likely to win the World Series. He uses Bullpen WPA, Isolated Power, League-Indexed FIP, and UZR, reasoning that the four most important factors for postseason success are the bullpen’s ability to hold [...]
He’s the #1 prospect in Yankeedom, and not by a small margin. Montero hit an eye-popping .339/.389/.562 between Tampa and Trenton this season. And he turns 20 at the end of November. But just how good is Jesus Montero? I think that we need to answer three questions:
1. Is he a MLB catcher?
Kevin Towers has been fired by the San Diego Padres. Thanks to MLBTR, we know that Towers has already received many job offers from MLB teams. Towers remarked that he wants some time off before taking another job.
Brian Cashman and Kevin Towers have a history. They are very good friends, both inside and [...]
In what will be the last meaningless game of the season for the Yankees, manager Joe Girardi told reporters yesterday that he will want to get Joba Chamberlain into the game in a relief role to help him determine whether or not to include him on the post season roster. Mark Feinsand has [...]
Not much else to say about the Yankees’ 5-3 loss to the [...]
Tough to imagine being a Tigers or Twins fan today. So far, everything is going exactly according to plan, as Minnesota has pulled into a tie for first place in the AL Central. Now all we need is both teams to win or lose today, forcing that one-game playoff on Tuesday.
Despite Carl [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees