Jesse Sanchez (MLB) has a nice summary out on the current Manager of The Year race in the AL. With Mike Scioscia atop Sanchez’s list, he later offers Joe Girardi as a “dark horse” for the honor. Here’s what Sanchez had to say about Girardi.
The manager of the best team with the highest [...]
In various conversations I’ve had with fellow Yankee fans during the last few months about the team’s playoff prospects, one pitcher has come up possibly even more often than Joba Chamberlain: A.J. Burnett.
We all know the Burnett story. Lights-out stuff, but seemingly at any time can succumb to One [...]
I’ve already gone on record with my desire to play the Twins over the Tigers in the ALDS. Now Sam Borden points out that Justin Verlander is scheduled to pitch on Sunday, but would be scratched in the event that the Tigers can clinch the Central beforehand.
Yup, true story.
According to pitch value data, CC’s changeup is 22.5 runs above average. That’s the best in the American League for any starting pitchers with 150+ innings. In fact, across both leagues, CC’s changeup value is second only to Tim Lincecum’s, which is 33.5 runs above average.
CC also [...]
Tom Verducci has an excellent read out on Mariano Rivera and the pitch that made him famous in next week’s issue of Sports Illustrated. Here’s a bit of text from the article, which you can read online.
Just three months into his new role as the closer for a budding Yankees dynasty, Rivera [...]
A.J. Burnett has a 3.09 ERA over his last 5 starts. During the course of those 32 innings, he has struck out 37 batters while walking 14. It’s certainly been an impressive way to end the regular season, as Burnett seems to have figured it out at the right time. Even more impressive is that [...]
Last night’s game was the 10th that I attended this season, and brought my 2009 record to 5-5. Considering I started the season 0-4, I feel OK about finishing at .500, although I really wanted to secure a winning record after last night’s game, and the Yankees blew it.
The Yankees wound up with [...]
From Jeremy Greenhouse:
It’s the manager’s job to get the most out of his players. With regards to the bullpen, this means optimally inserting relievers depending on such factors as the current baserunners, batter, and score. Hence, relief contributions tend to be measured by Win Probability Added. Having a bullpen ace makes the managers [...]
The Yankees lost to the Royals 4-3 Wednesday night in one of the most boring games I’ve ever had the misfortune of attending, and this is coming from someone who witnessed the Yankees get no-hit by six Astros pitchers in 2003.
The story of the game was Joba [...]
Remember all the hue and cry in April and May about how the new Yankee Stadium is a bandbox? How the new place has some enormous jet stream that is carrying balls hit off the end of a bat over the fences? The park factor was up to 105 (same as Fenway, which plays ‘fair’ [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees