-Star of last night’s win was Joba Chamberlain, who looked as good as he has since the run of quality starts he made after the All Star break. 4 Hits, 2 Strikeouts and 0 Walks in 4 innings of work. He credits Dave Eiland with getting rid of a hitch in his delivery with the improved results.
Chamberlain credited the elimination of a hitch in his delivery.”It’s something we’ve had to battle with throughout the year,” Chamberlain said after what was arguably his best outing since he logged eight shutout innings at Tampa on July 29. “We threw everything for a strike and it was a lot better than it has been. My delivery is better. I got rid of the hitch. Everything just comes off that. Everything else is sharper and your fastball command is a lot better, in and out, up and down. (Last night) was just great.”
-No Maas giving the love to Swishalicious:
In a trade that seems more criminal with each passing day, Nick Swisher went 2-4 with a HR and a double on Monday night to help give the Bombers a win over the arch-nemesis Angels. With this performance, Swisher raised his season OPS to .880, his highest since the .865 he posted in 2006. When all is said and done, this may go down as the best season of Swish’s career.
His Right Field play can be an adventure at times, but he’s been better than anyone could have hoped for this year. His constantly upbeat attitude in the clubhouse has also been a welcome change from some recent Yankee teams, which had a reputation for being ‘stuffy’. The trade isn’t even worth discussing, Wilson Betemit has spent most of the year playing for the Charlotte Knights.
-Loved this quote from Mark Feinsand’s (must read) Blogging the Bombers last night:
It was particularly fascinating to watch Joe Girardi give Mike Scioscia a taste of his own medicine, sending Brett Gardner in as a pinch-runner for Teixeira. Gardner stole third, then scored on Mike Napoli’s throwing error. It looked exactly like the way the Angels typically beat the Yankees.
According to LoHud, Brett was watching the Angels’ relievers various deliveries and moves to First Base from the Yankee video room in the clubhouse. So by the time he was sent in as a pinch runner, he was prepared to steal from the first pitch. We’ve heard of various Yankees taking advantage of the video room all season, as recently as Sunday when A-Rod got even more mad at Marty Foster after instantly reviewing his 3rd strike call. As a fan, you love to see that that players are taking advantage of the technology and using it to get an edge. It’s also a sign of a good clubhouse that the manager doesn’t need to tell them to do these things, they do it on their own.
-The HR mark for Yankee Stadium was broken last night with Vladimir Gurerro’s blast in the 2nd inning. With 8 games remaining, the total figures to go well beyond the previous mark set in 2005. But what I found most interesting was this:
The only years 200 homers were hit at the old Yankee Stadium were 2004, 2000 (209) and 2005 (206), according to STATS LLC.
All within the last 10 years, which tells me that the facility may be a factor, but the team playing there is a much larger one.
-Bask in the glow of last night’s win, Sergio Mitre is scheduled to pitch tonight against Roy Halladay.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees