Here are the lineups, via Pete Abraham (LoHud):
Cabrera RF LF
Pitching: RHP Chad Gaudin (1-0, 3.71).
After testing his elbow in a bullpen session on Saturday, according to Andy McCullough (Star-Ledger), the Yankees will likely use David Robertson on Tuesday against the Royals. Barring any setbacks, he should be on the team’s postseason roster, as Girardi has demonstrated a willingness to bring Robertson in whenever the team is in need [...]
From Charley Walters (TwinCities):
Joe Mauer, despite catching regularly for the Minnesota Twins and missing the first 22 games with a sore back, still has 179 hits this season — without steroids. That’s just two fewer hits than Barry Bonds had in one season during his 22-year major league career. The most hits Bonds [...]
From R.J. Anderson (FanGraphs):
With that in mind let’s address the topic before the headlines do.Alex Rodriguez does not hit well in the playoffs
His career wOBA in the regular season is .412. His career post-season wOBA is .368. Relative to his standards he doesn’t hit well in the playoffs.
He’s been the [...]
The 2009 New York Yankees wrapped it all up yesterday. AL East title, MLB Best Record, and even managed to tie the season series with Boston after starting out 0-8. Life is good in Yankeeland.
But a word of caution in this time of joy. They also won 100+ games in 2002, 2003 and [...]
Although part of me was hoping the Yankees would clinch tomorrow so I could watch it live, I must say it felt great to finally take the division back. And to do it by sweeping the Red Sox, locking up 100 wins, and the best record in baseball, well, [...]
Do I know for sure what the heck is going on with Joba Chamberlain? No. Let’s get that out of the way before I pretend that I can actually predict with any strong degree of certainty, what the young man is going to throw from start to start. That being said, however, I just happen [...]
The Yankees swept the Boston Red Sox this weekend, and in doing so clinched the AL East title for the first time since 2006. After settling for the Wild Card in 2007 and missing out entirely in 2008, the Yankees are back where many believe they rightfully belong.
It was not an easy win–Andy Pettitte [...]
Here are the lineups, courtesy of PA (LoHud):
Pitching: LHP Andy Pettitte (13-7, 4.15).
RED SOX (91-63)
One of the two grown-ups in the Boston media has let the children creep into his brain. In (the usually good) Dan Shaughnessy’s latest piece in the Boston Globe, he posits that the Red Sox really weren’t trying to win this series, after all. Its all part of Francona’s super secret master plan to lull [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees