HOUSTON — Former major leaguer Chuck Knoblauch was charged with assaulting his common-law wife.
A judge set Knoblauch’s bond at $10,000 after he appeared in court Tuesday. According to a criminal complaint, Knoblauch’s wife told police he hit her in the face and choked her at their Houston home Friday.
Knoblauch’s attorney [...]
Peter Abraham, who is leaving the Journal News and the popular Lohud Yankees blog to jump to the Boston Globe, has finally anounced his replacement. Say what you will about Pete-Abe’s hatred of Alex Rodriguez and Patriot fandom, but the access and coverage he provided is unmatched. Pete-Abe, whose departure will leave a large (perhaps [...]
The writers here at TYU have discussed the Yankees’ postseason roster at various points over the last few weeks, and I will take another stab at it here. The final prediction will come after the Yankees complete their final game of the regular season. I believe that the Yankees should carry 14 hitters [...]
As we enter the last week of the 2009 season, there are only two undecided playoff spots: the winner of the AL Central, and the National League wild card. Despite being only 2 games behind the Rockies, a lot would have to go right for Atlanta this week, who have [...]
From Marc Carig:
As you’d expect in a champagne-soaked celebration, the Yankees were quick to hand out credit to others on Sunday afternoon. Take, for instance, Alex Rodriguez, who bestowed MVP honors on at least three different guys.
“You could say Joe Giradi has been our MVP,” Rodriguez said. “He has been phenomenal.”
According to the Daily News, former Yankee second baseman Chuck Knoblauch has been arrested for assaulting and choking his wife.
Truthfully, I’m a bit surprised he even landed an accurate punch considering he couldn’t even throw the ball to first base.
Here are a few quick news items on the day:
The Yankee coaches, along with assorted staff members, will meet today in order to construct their respective roster for the ALDS. Melky Cabrera and Robinson Cano will have the night off against Kansas City and Anthony Lerew. Most of the other regulars—Tex, Damon, [...]
With the season winding down and no meaningful games left, I wanted to compile a list of things for fans to keep an eye on in the remaining games on the schedule. There are quite a few personal marks for players to aim for, and a few team goals as well.
1-First and foremost, [...]
Robinson Cano has had a fantastic bounceback season after a putrid 2008. While I still find myself periodically tearing my hair out after way too many first-pitch swings, the approach seems to mostly be working for him — a career-high 25 home runs (one of which came last night via [...]
With the division clinched and home field advantage locked up, the Yankees had very little to play for in tonight’s game against the Royals. The long rain delay certainly did not add to their motivation either. The clinching of home field advantage allowed manager Joe Girardi to rest most of the regulars, with only Robinson [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees