Tampa defeats Charlotte, 3-1 (Tampa leads 5-game series 2-1)
- DJ Mitchell started for the Yankees and was great, giving up 4 hits and 2 walks in 5 1/3 scoreless innings, with 2 strikeouts and 13 groundball outs (against 1 flyout).
- Noel Castillo gave up a hit in 1 2/3 scoreless innings.
- Pat Venditte gave up a run on 2 hits and a walk.
- Jon Hovis struck out 1 and allowed a hit in a scoreless inning of work.
- Dan Brewer, David Adams, Brandon Laird, and Jack Rye were 1 for 4.
- Damon Sublett was 1 for 3 with a walk and a steal.
- Austin Romine, DH’ing, was 2 for 3 with 2 doubles and a walk.
Staten Island shuts out Mahoning Valley, 3-0 (SI leads 3-game series 1-0)
- Adam Warren continued his strong pitching, giving up 4 hits and 2 walks in 6 shutout innings. The righty from UNC also struck out 7 and recorded 7 groundouts against 4 flyouts. He has been the ace of the SI staff since signing, especially after Arodys Vizcaino was lost to a back injury.
- Griffin Bailey gave up 2 hits and struck out 2 in an inning of shutout relief.
- Gavin Brooks struck out 1 in a perfect 8th.
- Ryan Flannery got the save, giving up a hit in a scoreless inning of work.
- Jimmy Paredes and Kyle Higashioka were 1 for 3 with a walk.
- Deangelo Mack was 2 for 4, and got picked off.
- Luke Murton was 1 for 3.
- Zoilo Almonte was 2 for 4 with a double and a home run, his 2nd of the playoffs.
- Mike Lyon was 2 for 3 with a double, and made a throwing error.
Tomorrow, in addition to the continuation of these series, Scranton begins their 5-game series with the Durham Bulls tomorrow. Romulo Sanchez will take the hill against Jeremy Hellickson, another excellent pitching prospect in the Rays’ organization.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees