Tampa falls to Charlotte, 9-2 (series tied 1-1, best of 5)
- David Phelps got the start, giving up 6 runs (3 earned) on 7 hits and a walk in 2 1/3 innings.
- Jairo Heredia gave up 3 runs (2 earned) on 5 hits in 3 2/3 innings, with 3 strikeouts.
- Adam Olbrychowski struck out 2 and gave up 2 hits in a shutout inning of relief.
- Phil Bartelski walked 1 in a scoreless inning of work.
- Dan Brewer was 2 for 3.
- David Adams, Austin Romine, and Damon Sublett were each 1 for 4.
- Jack Rye was 1 for 3 with a walk.
- Walter Ibarra was 1 for 4.
Robert Pimpsner, who has covered the Staten Island Yankees over the last few seasons, has updates on a few injured prospects. Arodys Vizcaino, sidelined with a back injury for the last month, is long-tossing, and will be ready to pitch in instructional league. Caleb Cotham, the Yankees’ 5th-rounder out of Vanderbilt, was shut down after aggravating his previous knee injury. Neil Medchill, the powerhitting outfielder from Oklahoma State, will have wrist surgery. All of these guys would be big assets to SI in their upcoming series against Mahoning Valley for the league championship. Scheduled to start in the 3-game series are Adam Warren, Sean Black, and Jose Ramirez (who was promoted from the GCL).
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees