The Yankees swept the Boston Red Sox this weekend, and in doing so clinched the AL East title for the first time since 2006. After settling for the Wild Card in 2007 and missing out entirely in 2008, the Yankees are back where many believe they rightfully belong.
It was not an easy win–Andy Pettitte struggled early, even having the bases loaded with no one out in the early innings–but as has so often been the case this season, the Yankees grew stronger as the game went on.
The Yankees received their offense today from a Melky Cabrera home run, a 2-run Hideki Matsui single and a Mark Teixeira home run–and this is quite fitting: Cabrera, Matsui and Teixeira have been clutch for the Yankees all season.
Also worth noting is Brian Bruney’s strong performance–getting all five batters he faced–easily his best performance in a long time. Whether or not it’s enough to warrant him a spot on the postseason roster is up for debate, but it certainly helped today.
The Yankees still have the hardest work ahead of them–winning eleven games in October before losing four–but for the moment, let the boys celebrate.
Joe Girardi got the Yankees back to October.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees