In the year of the Walk-Off, why not add Juan Miranda to the mix?
In an utterly insignificant game, Yankee fans could still enjoy a good outing from Burnett and the fifteenth walk-off win of the year–against the immortal Kyle Farnsworth.
To put the Yankees’ walk off wins in perspective, in the entirety of the [...]
Here are the lineups, via PA:
Pitching: RHP A.J. Burnett (12-9, 4.19).
From Stewart Mandel (SI):
NEW YORK — New York Yankees owner Hal Steinbrenner, New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg and the commissioners of the Big East and Big 12 will announce at a news conference Wednesday the formation of the Yankee Bowl, to be held at the new Yankee Stadium beginning with the 2010-11 [...]
HOUSTON — Former major leaguer Chuck Knoblauch was charged with assaulting his common-law wife.
A judge set Knoblauch’s bond at $10,000 after he appeared in court Tuesday. According to a criminal complaint, Knoblauch’s wife told police he hit her in the face and choked her at their Houston home Friday.
Knoblauch’s attorney [...]
Peter Abraham, who is leaving the Journal News and the popular Lohud Yankees blog to jump to the Boston Globe, has finally anounced his replacement. Say what you will about Pete-Abe’s hatred of Alex Rodriguez and Patriot fandom, but the access and coverage he provided is unmatched. Pete-Abe, whose departure will leave a large (perhaps [...]
The writers here at TYU have discussed the Yankees’ postseason roster at various points over the last few weeks, and I will take another stab at it here. The final prediction will come after the Yankees complete their final game of the regular season. I believe that the Yankees should carry 14 hitters [...]
As we enter the last week of the 2009 season, there are only two undecided playoff spots: the winner of the AL Central, and the National League wild card. Despite being only 2 games behind the Rockies, a lot would have to go right for Atlanta this week, who have [...]
From Marc Carig:
As you’d expect in a champagne-soaked celebration, the Yankees were quick to hand out credit to others on Sunday afternoon. Take, for instance, Alex Rodriguez, who bestowed MVP honors on at least three different guys.
“You could say Joe Giradi has been our MVP,” Rodriguez said. “He has been phenomenal.”
According to the Daily News, former Yankee second baseman Chuck Knoblauch has been arrested for assaulting and choking his wife.
Truthfully, I’m a bit surprised he even landed an accurate punch considering he couldn’t even throw the ball to first base.
Here are a few quick news items on the day:
The Yankee coaches, along with assorted staff members, will meet today in order to construct their respective roster for the ALDS. Melky Cabrera and Robinson Cano will have the night off against Kansas City and Anthony Lerew. Most of the other regulars—Tex, Damon, [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees