It went down something like this:
Sergio Mitre, when he wasn’t serving up home runs, kept hitting batters.
So did Mark Melancon.
The Blue Jays got a little ticked, understandably.
Then Jesse Carlson threw behind Posada, and then Posada brushed Carlson when scoring in the eighth inning. The game was well within Toronto’s grasp at [...]
We have a vibrant community here at TYU, so, how about a game post?
Here are the lineups, courtesy of Pete Abraham (LoHud):
Pitching: RHP [...]
Andy Pettitte was scheduled to pitch tomorrow against the Blue Jays, however, due to “shoulder fatigue,” Chad Gaudin will get the start in his place. Joe Girardi noted that Pettitte’s shoulder issue wasn’t considered serious and that extra rest would likely correct the situation. The Yankees are probably just being cautious with Pettitte [...]
The MLB has released team schedules today and, after a quick once over, it looks like the Yankees will have quite the 2010 season. While the year will begin and end with play in Boston—let’s hope that we win this year and can rub it in their faces at Fenway—one of the stories that [...]
Despite a productive partnership, once the ’09 season is completed, the Yankees will likely cut ties with current DH, Hideki Matsui. The the only reason for the relationship’s end is Matsui’s lack of positional flexibility—that and age. With several large contracts on the books and a number of aging players on the roster, the Yankees [...]
-Star of last night’s win was Joba Chamberlain, who looked as good as he has since the run of quality starts he made after the All Star break. 4 Hits, 2 Strikeouts and 0 Walks in 4 innings of work. He credits Dave Eiland with getting rid of a hitch in his delivery [...]
Tampa defeats Charlotte, 3-1 (Tampa leads 5-game series 2-1)
DJ Mitchell started for the Yankees and was great, giving up 4 hits and 2 walks in 5 1/3 scoreless innings, with 2 strikeouts and 13 groundball outs (against 1 flyout). Noel Castillo gave up a hit in 1 2/3 scoreless innings. Pat Venditte gave up [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees