Coming into today’s game Nick Swisher had hit 24 home runs–and hit all but three of them on the road.
Coming into today’s game, Phil Hughes had let to blow a lead in relief.
Coming into today’s game, Chad Gaudin had yet to exceed five innings pitched.
Metaphysical laws of averages don’t tend to like [...]
Due to what has been characterized as “elbow tightness,” according to Anthony DiComo, David Robertson has been shut down indefinitely. He is also scheduled to see Dr. James Andrews after undergoing an MRI yesterday. This is a tough break for the team as Robertson has been an effective piece of the bullpen. Hopefully [...]
After the Brewers’ recent choreographed HR celebration which featured Prince Fielder as a bowling ball (that’s not surprising) and his fellow teammates as bowling pins, people are once again debating celebratory antics in baseball. In fact, Steve over at WW decided to bring the Yankees into the fold with the following:
The Yankees, [...]
Over the last two weeks, Melky Cabrera has hit .377. He has 20 hits, 10 RBI, and 4 SB during that time. He’s having the best year of his career with a line of .281/.340/.430 and a wOBA of .337. When one considers his ’08 season, it’s safe to say that Melky has rebounded. [...]
As per SG, by sweeping yesterday’s doubleheader while Boston and Los Angeles of Los Angeles lost, the Yankees lowered their magic number to make the playoffs to 14, to take the division to 16, and for home field advantage to 19.
From Rob Neyer:
Which is where Hughes comes in. Chamberlain is the Yankees’ No. 4 starter. Sergio Mitre is the Yankees’ No. 5 starter. Which means the Yankees, as things stand now, have only three reliable starters. And again, you need four of them when the leaves are turning in New England.
I know, [...]
Remember the cries of outrage when the Yankees traded for Xavier Nady and Damaso Marte for a package of prospects last year? We heard the usual reactions of how ‘it’s bad for Baseball’ and ‘the rich get richer’ from many of the usual suspects. Tyler Kepner of the New York Times has a [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees