CC Sabathia has been recognized for his third consecutive stellar August, being awarded the AL Pitcher of the Month:
In six starts last month, Sabathia posted a perfect 5-0 record with a 2.64 ERA while leading the AL with 44 1/3 innings and a Major League-best 49 strikeouts as the Yankees built a commanding [...]
From John Harper (Daily News):
If this were the Oscars, where a long career of unrewarded greatness has been known to help put a deserving nominee over the top, Mariano Rivera would be a shoo-in this season to win his first Cy Young Award.In baseball, however, career achievement almost never factors into the voting [...]
After last night’s game against the Orioles in which a dominant CC Sabathia struck out 9 over 7 innings pitched, picking up his 16th win of the season, CC now has a 2.79 ERA since the All-Star break. He has struck out 72 batters over 71 innings and, in 10 starts, he has won [...]
Steve Lombardi has a very interesting post up, and I thought it would be fun to piggyback off it. He lists an entire roster of his favorite non-star Yankees, with most of the players being from before the 1994 season. The players can be former stars who no longer profiled as great players, or [...]
Mariano is experiencing some tightness in the groin. Mo seems to get shelved for relatively short periods of time due to a random injury almost every season, although I can’t recall a instance where he was ever actually put on the DL. Hopefully a little rest heals him right back up.
“Eric Hinske is part of an interesting piece of Yankee history: The out-of-nowhere slugger. Think Kevin Maas and Shelley Duncan. Hinske now has seven homers in 56 Yankee at-bats. That translates to an average of 12.5 per 100 at-bats.
If the season ended today, Hinske would [...]
John Sickels is reviewing his preseason top 20 prospects lists, and got to the Yankees this morning. The results, as might have been expected, were not pretty:
The Yankees started the season with one excellent prospect in Montero, a solid guy in Jackson, and a bunch of B-/C+ types who may or may not [...]
With the Yanks extending their lead to 7.5 last night and playing like an unstoppable freight train, I wanted to take a look north and see what out main rivals have been up to. Win or lose, it is never dull and always seems on the verge of breaking out into a food fight.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees