When the pitching matchup for a game is CC Sabathia versus a guy that has a 4-11 record going into the game, one would imagine that Sabathia’s team would win in a blowout.
What one wouldn’t imagine, however, is that the bulk of the damage would come in the 9th inning, and that before that, [...]
From Mark Feinsand:
But Swisher has done most of his damage on the road, hitting 20 of his 23 homers away from the friendly confines of Yankee Stadium. He’s the anti-Johnny Damon.
“I’m just trying to prove to everybody that hitting home runs at Yankee Stadium isn’t that easy,” Swisher said with a [...]
If I said “quick, name me five Yankee prospects”, who would you name?
Jesus Montero would probably be the first name to escape your lips, and then Austin Jackson, too. After that, you might choose Mark Melancon, or maybe Austin Romine and then Slade Heathcott or Andrew Brackman.
One name that probably doesn’t crack your [...]
Since July’s trade deadline, Roy Halladay has put together a truly forgettable campaign. In 6 starts in August, Halladay had a 2-4 record, a 4.71 ERA, a 1.40 WHIP and a .316 BAA. Sergio Mitre actually had the same amount of wins in August while having started fewer games. One wonders how Halladay would have [...]
Jorge Posada is one home run away from becoming the 7th Yankee with 20-plus home runs this season. Derek Jeter is three away.
It’s rather mind-boggling to think that the team could end the season with eight of its starting 9 reaching the 20-home-run plateau.
According to wOBA, New Yankee Stadium is now boosting offense by only 2%. And interestingly enough, there have been more runs scored per game in Yankee road games (10.45 per game) than Yankee home games (10.34 per game).
I really do not have much to add. While home runs are up in [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees