From George King III (NY Post):
After Burnett was spanked for nine runs and nine hits in five innings Saturday in a 14-1 loss, Posada said the pair weren’t on the same page.
Suggesting Girardi assign Molina to Burnett is dicey since he is 1-0 with a 4.08 ERA in three games with Molina. Burnett is 6-5 with a 4.47 ERA in 16 games with Posada. His best ledger comes with Francisco Cervelli, who is at Triple-A. In two games with the rookie Burnett is 2-0 with a 1.29 ERA. And he is 1-2 with a 4.11 ERA in four games throwing to Kevin Cash.
Burnett’s next start is Thursday against the Rangers, a day game after a night tilt. If Posada catches Andy Pettitte Wednesday night Girardi would use Molina Thursday.
I honestly doubt that the Yankees will sit Posada when Burnett pitches in his next outing. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Girardi pair Pettitte and Molina, instead, so that Posada can definitely catch Burnett on Thursday. A good outing in Texas would confirm that the two can work well together (I guarantee Posada wants to catch Burnett), although it’s an unnecessary move and would ultimately seem like a public relations ploy rather than a strategic decision (if Jorge is lined up for rest, they should let him rest). Posada has had his ups and downs with Burnett and the biggest issue seems to be Burnett’s performance against Boston, not who he’s pitching to, as those outings have inflated his ERA with Posada. That’s my take, anyway.
What do you think? Should Molina take Posada’s place and become Burnett’s regular catcher? Is that even a practical idea?
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees