-Still have goosebumps thinking about Friday’s Burnett/Beckett game. I have a feeling we’ll be seeing that match up again in October, assuming the Sox hold up their end of the bargain. I got a kick out of Alex throwing up his helmet, like a bouquet at a wedding. Melky did the same thing after one of his walk offs, so it’s becoming a new tradition. Mo said they were all like a bunch of kids, just playing a baseball game. Fans stayed around, I was amazed at how full the stadium was well after midnight. The entire team was on the top step of the dugout from the 8th inning on. What a stark contrast to the later Torre years, when they were getting eliminated by the Angels/Tigers in the ALDS and Jeter was the only one cheering.
-Nice post on LoHud yesterday
Be advised, Yankees fans, both CC and A.J. felt the love this weekend.
“Big weekend for both of us,” Burnett said. “I’ve never had 49,000 people in my corner like that before and I bet CC hasn’t, either. It gives you chills. Now I know what you guys were talking about when you said these Red Sox games are something different. You could feel it inside the stadium.”
Very nice. I guess AJ was telling the truth when he said he wanted to pitch on ‘the big stage’. I also had no idea when he signed here that he’s such a good teammate, and a good guy in general. You’d see him on the mound in TOR and he looked like a moody prick, and turns out he’s anything but.
-Did you know the Yanks have won 30 of their last 40 games (.750)? Also, 3-8 against Boston feels more like 8-3 when you’re up by 5 in the loss.
-Check out this quote from Keven Youkilis:
“The bottom line is that everything is blown out of proportion when we play the Yankees. To be honest with you, it’s very tiresome,” said Kevin Youkilis of the Sox. “This is probably the opposite way of a few months ago you were bashing them and now you’re bashing us. It’s going to keep going the same way until the fans and (the media) get over it at some point, I guess.”
He happens to be right that everything gets intensely scrutinized between these two teams. Yankee players and managers have alluded to that for years, without saying as directly as Youk just did. But if this is something he’s growing tired of, then he’s playing in the wrong city. They live to hate the Yanks up there, and won’t ‘get over it’ anytime soon. Sounds like the teams’ poor play and getting spanked by the Yanks is getting to him.
-I get a kick out of announcers who always claim that when a player gets hit, it wasn’t a good time to do it. When is it ever according to them?
-When Melancon did it, they said “Its a blowout, why wake up sleeping dogs?”
-When Bucholtz did it, they said “Its a 0-0 game, you don’t want to put a man on base there”
-When Gonzalez did it, they said “They’re down 2-0 late in the game, it’s just not a good time to do it”
Never mind that when the 9 Yankees who logged 30 At Bats came to the plate, somehow the Boston pitchers only lost control of the ball when A-Rod came to the plate, and coincidentally it happened twice. Please. I guess the only time that would ‘make sense’ is immediately after an unassisted Triple Play.
-Beantown (a nickname Bostonians hate) must be reeling right now. They’re looking at getting swept by the hated Yanks after just getting swept by the Rays and Texas. The city of Boston will be in full fledged panic by Monday, and WEEI will be hilarious to listen to.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees