-If you support the Yanks careful handling of Joba Chamberlain (and believe in medical science) then prepare for a long day. It hit the blogosphere and talk radio by early Sunday night that the Yanks are ruining his career and the entire situation is a joke. I disagree, as does Joe P of River Ave and Brian Hoch of MLB.com, while Mike Vaccaro of the NY Post remains agnostic.
I’m sure the ‘just let him pitch’ crowd won’t care, but his career high before this year was 118.2 IP in 2005, his first year in Nebraska. As it is, 160+ innings represents a huge jump over that total and last years total of 100.1 IP, so going slowly makes sense to me. Call it ‘babying’ all you want, at 23 years old Joba is still a baby by MLB standards. These guidelines aren’t just isn’t something Brian Cashman or Tom Verducci dreamed up, it’s the result of years of studies by Orthopedic surgeons like Dr James Andrews. If you want the Yanks to ‘be tough’ and are dismissive of these findings, that would put you in line with what Omar Minaya and Tony Bernazard were saying in April of this year. Omar and Tony were chiding their players to be more tough and gritty like their rival Phillies, to ignore minor aches and pains and play through injury, and we all know what happened next.
Doctors orders, ignore them at your own risk.
-BP’s John Perrotto says the Yanks would like to give Austin Jackson another year in AAA, and resign Johnny Damon on a 1 year deal. Sounds good, but coming off this season I think Johnny will have multi-year offers out there to consider. If I had to bet, I still think he walks when the Yanks draw the line on what they’re willing to pay him, though I’d like to see him come back for one more season.
-NoMaas has a different take on Dellin Betances getting Tommy John surgery.
-Jorge Posada’s return behind the plate yesterday apparently went well.
-Blogfather Peter Abraham had his annual outing with 85 of his blog readers at Sunday’s AAA Scranton Yankees game.
-Highly recommend this Tom Verducci piece from SI. Too much good stuff in there to even get into.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees