-Yank’s Walk off win was the 11th of the season at the new ballpark, so here they are for you to relive and enjoy. That’s a lot of whipped cream for AJ Burnett to whip up, I hope he has a stand mixer in the clubhouse. Why not, I hear they have everything else back there.
April 22nd-Melky HR in the 14th inning
May 1st-Jorge Posada’s 2-run single in the 9th
May 15th-Melky hit in the 9th
May 16th-A-Rod 2-run HR in the 11th
May 17th-Johnny Damon HR in the 10th, 3rd straight walkoff in 3 days
May 23rd-A-Rod 2 run HR in the 9th to tie, and a Melky single to win it
June 12th-Luis Castillo. Need I say more?
July 4th-Jorge Posada RBI single in the 12th
July 20th-Matsui HR wins it in the 9th
August 7th-A-Rod HR beats the Sox in 15 inning classic
August 12-Robbie Cano (don’t cha know) with the 11th inning double
-With Derek Jeter, A-Rod, Jorge Posada and Mariano Rivera all banged up with various bumps and bruises, we’re going to get a glimpse of what life will be like when these aging players are gone. Of the remaining players with rings, only Andy Pettitte is healthy right now. Hughes should be able to fill in for Mo for a while, but losing Jeter, Alex and Jorge from the lineup all at once would be a huge hit.
-The future is here. Check out these new batting helmets. I think they look pretty slick, myself.
-AJ Burnett has been one of our best pitchers this year, but that’s not to say there haven’t been issues with him that need to be addressed. Yesterday, he and Posada had trouble getting on the same page, as they did earlier this year. His 14 Wild Pitches is the most he’s had since 2002, when he was a wild 25 year old fireballer. His walk rate is the highest its been since his first full season in the bigs, and his Strikeout rate is the lowest its been in 4 years, which interestingly was the last time he changed teams. His SO/BB ratio is the lowest it’s been since he was a 24 year old. You can blame adjusting to NY, Posada or the new ballpark and I think there’s some truth to each. But something is going on here, and that’s undeniable.
-Some days you wake up, read something and it just leaves you speechless in many ways. This is one of those stories.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees