I’m not referring to Phil Hughes, who apparently has been pitching out of the bullpen from the witness protection program lately. I’m referring to the Jeckyl and Hyde nature of one Mr Phil Coke. Phil Coke has some of the most stark splits of any Yankee reliever this season. Check this out:
By Breakdown [...]
Scranton defeats Syracuse, 2-1
Romulo Sanchez started and pitched very well, giving up 2 hits and 2 walks in 7 shutout innings, and striking out 9. For a guy who has spent the bulk of his career as a reliver, he has done admirably as a starter. Zach Kroenke gave up an unearned run on [...]
Buster Onley is reporting that the Yanks have claimed the player that the Red Sox were supposed to be trading to the Mets in exchange for Billy Wagner. Here’s the details:
George King (NY Post) notes that the Yankees are interested in the recently released Brad Penny and, according to Buster Olney (ESPN), the Yankees actually claimed Penny on waivers earlier this month, only to see the Sox pull him back. Penny can become a free agent on Monday and is looking to
Last night, Andy Pettitte pitched a gem, giving up 2 ER over 7 IP. He struck out 7 and lowered his ERA to 4.18. Amazingly, Andy Pettitte has been the best pitcher in the AL since the All-Star break. His FIP of 2.32 is the lowest of any AL pitcher over the last [...]
Great win last night; let’s hope they can close the series out this afternoon. Additionally, we need the damn White Sox to get their acts together and grab a game away from Boston tonight, especially since (a) you know if the White Sox get swept they will end up taking at least one game from [...]
Following up on Chris’ piece on the bunt play from yesterday, I wanted to discuss when the bunt makes sense, since many Yankee fans seem to think the answer is never.
In general, the bunt play decreases you chances of scoring and the facts are indisputable. Ben from RAB spelled it out yesterday:
From the AP:
An appeals court ruled Wednesday that federal agents were wrong to seize the infamous drug list and samples of 104 Major League Baseball players who allegedly tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs in 2003.In a 9-2 vote, the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals agreed with three lower court judges who chastised [...]
Joba Chamberlain has 5 more starts left this season and his next start will come on Sunday against the White Sox (on regular rest). After that, I’m not sure what the plan will be, exactly, as Joe Girardi noted that Joba will still be given “extra rest” as the season winds down in [...]
As always, TSJC of RAB commenting fame hits the nail on the head: “Forget the fact that Swish doesn’t bunt with great alacrity for a second. Frank Francisco threw 23 pitches last night. 10 of them were balls.
Think about that for a second. Nick Swisher collects walks like they’re going [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees