Scranton shuts out Lehigh Valley, 6-0
- Recently-signed Russ Ortiz started for the Yankees, and he pitched very well. IN 6 shutout innings, Ortiz gave up 3 hits and 3 walks, and fanned 3.
- Michael Dunn struck out 2 in 2 perfect innings.
- Edwar Ramirez gave up 2 hits in an inning of relief, and struck out 2.
- Ramiro Pena was 2 for 4 with a double and an error.
- Austin Jackson was 1 for 4 with his 21st stolen base of the season.
- Shelley Duncan was 1 for 3 with a walk.
- Juan Miranda was 2 for 4 with a double.
- Yurendell de Caster was 2 for 4 with 2 doubles.
- Colin Curtis was 1 for 4.
- Chris Stewart was 2 for 4 with a double.
Trenton falls to Reading, 8-4
- Lance Pendleton started for the Thunder, giving up 4 runs on 5 hits and a walk in 5 1/3 innings, with 8 strikeouts.
- Humberto Sanchez struck out 3 in 2 innings of 1-hit ball.
- Austin Krum was 2 for 4 with a double.
- Reegie Corona was 1 for 4 with a double.
- Chris Malec was 1 for 5.
- Richie Robnett was 2 for 5 with a steal.
- James Cooper and Noah Hall were 1 for 4. Cooper stole a base and Hall walked.
- Marcos Vechionacci was 2 for 5 with his 7th homer of the season.
- Justin Snyder was 3 for 3 with a double and a walk.
Tampa tops Lakeland, 7-6
- DJ Mitchell put together a strong outing, giving up a run on 5 hits in 6 innings of work, with 8 strikeouts. He lowered his FSL ERA to 3.16 with this outing.
- Dan Brewer was 4 for 5.
- David Adams and Austin Romine were 1 for 5. Romine was also caught stealing.
- Damon Sublett was 1 for 4 with a triple.
- Brandon Laird was 1 for 3 with a walk and his first steal of the season.
- Luis Nunez was 3 for 4.
- Jose Gil and Walter Ibarra were each 1 for 4. Ibarra also stole a base.
Charleston defeats Augusta, 4-3
- Trenton Lare got the win for the Riverdogs, giving up 3 runs on 8 hits in 7 innings of work, and striking out 4.
- Jose Pirela was 0 for 4.
- Abe Almonte was 2 for 4 with a double and a triple.
- Corban Joseph and Taylor Grote were 1 for 4.
- Ray Kruml was 1 for 4 with a double.
- Garrison Lassiter was 1 for 4 with his 1st homer of the season.
- Addison Maruszak and Mitch Abeita were 1 for 3.
Staten Island falls to Williamsport, 2-1 (10 innings)
- Adam Warren gave up his first run of the season in 4 2/3 innings of work, allowing 7 hits and 4 strikeouts.
- The Yankees only managed 4 hits.
- Deangelo Mack was 1 for 3 with a walk.
- Kelvin Castro was 2 for 4 with a triple.
- Emerson Landoni was 1 for 1 with a walk.
GCL Yanks defeated by Braves, 2-1 (7 innings, game 1)
- Nik Turley took the loss, giving up 2 runs (1 earned) on 4 hits and 2 walks in 5 innings, with 2 strikeouts.
- Manny Barreda struck out 3 in 2 perfect innings of relief.
- Ramon Flores was 0 for 2 with 2 walks and his 5th steal of the season.
- Jose toussen was 1 for 3 with a walk.
- Kelvin de Leon was 1 for 4.
- Jose Mojica was 0 for 2 with a walk.
- Jud Golsan was 1 for 3.
GCL Yanks beat Braves, 7-6 (game 2)
- Mikey O’Brien started, giving up 6 runs on 9 hits in 3 innings of work, while striking out 3.
- Jud Golsan was 0 for 2 wiht a walk, an error, and a steal.
- Jose Toussen was 2 for 3 with a walk.
- Kevin Mahoney was 1 for 3.
- Kelvin De Leon was 1 for 3 with his 5th steal of the season.
- Jose Mojica was 2 for 4.
- Buck Afenir was 1 for 3 with a double.
- Isaac Harrow was 2 for 2 with a double and a walk.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees