Scranton was off tonight
Trenton falls to Reading, 8-4
- Jeremy Bleich started for the Thunder against Pedro Martinez, and was not at his best. In 5 innings, the Stanford southpaw gave up 7 runs (5 earned) on 11 hits and a walk, with 6 strikeouts.
- Kanekoa Texeira struck out 2 in 2 innings of 1-run relief, giving up a hit and 2 walks.
- Reegie Corona was 1 for 3 with a walk, a steal, and 2 strikeouts.
- Eduardo Nunez was 2 for 4 with his 8th homer of the season, off of Pedro. You know Nunez was pumped to face the future Hall of Famer and fellow Dominican, and he’ll likely remember that home run for the rest of his life. Nunez also stole a base. He is hitting .303 on the season.
- Chris Malec and Richie Robnett were 1 for 4.
- Marcos Vechionacci was 2 for 3.
Tampa tops Lakeland, 11-6
- Ryan Zink started for the Yankees, giving up 4 runs on 5 hits and a walk in 6 2/3 innings, and striking out 4.
- Adam Olbrychowski struck out 4 and surrendered 2 runs in 2 1/3 innings, giving up 3 hits and walking 1.
- Dan Brewer was 3 for 6.
- Matt Cusick was 3 for 5 with a walk, boosting his average to .316. He also stole a base.
- Austin Romine was 2 for 4 wtih 2 walks and his 10th steal of the year. He raised his average to .289 with this performance.
- Brandon Laird was 2 for 5.
- Kevin Smith and David Adams were 3 for 5 with a double.
- Luis Nunez was 3 for 5 with a triple.
Charleston shut out by Augusta, 1-0
- Jairo Heredia was dominant for the Riverdogs, giving up just 2 hits in 5 2/3 shutout innings, with 7 strikeouts. He was perfect through 5 before giving up a leadoff single to Wendell Fairley in the bottom of the 6th. He seems to be picking up where he left off last season.
- Jose Pirela was 1 for 4 with a double, one of 3 Riverdog hits.
- Addison Maruszak was 1 for 3.
- Neall French was 1 for 3.
Staten Island defeats Williamsport, 11-8
- Kelvin Perez started for the Yankees, giving up 4 runs (1 earned) on 5 hits and 3 walks in 4 innings, with 4 strikeouts.
- Gavin Brooks struck out 2 in 2 perfect relief innings, lowering his ERA to 1.07.
- Francisco Santana was 3 for 4 with a walk and a steal.
- Zoilo Almonte was 2 for 6.
- Kyle Higashioka was 2 for 5 with 2 doubles, a walk, and a passed ball, his 5th of the season.
- Neil Medchill was 3 for 6 with a triple and his 10th homer of the season. The slugger from Oklahoma State has a .998 OPS on the season so far, and is slugging a ridiculous .623.
- Luke Murton and Mike Lyon were 1 for 5.
- Deangelo Mack was 2 for 4 with a walk and a double.
- Kelvin Castro was 3 for 5 with 2 doubles and a steal.
- Emerson Landoni was 2 for 5.
The GCL Yanks were rained out today.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees