Scranton defeats Pawtucket, 2-1
- Zach Kroenke pitched well in a spot start, giving up a run on 2 hits and a walk in 5 innings of work, with 3 strikeouts.
- Mike Dunn struck out 3 in 1 1/3 shutout innings, and gave up 2 hits and a walk.
- Edwar Ramirez struck out 2 in 1 2/3 perfect innings.
- Jon Albaladejo gave up a walk and struck out 1 in 1 inning of work.
- Ramiro Pena was 1 for 2 with a double and 2 walks, and was caught stealing.
- Austin Jackson was 0 for 4. He’s in a bit of a slump, going 7 for his last 34 (.206). After a scorching .371 April and a solid .339 May, Jackson’s monthly averages have not been impressive. In June, he hit .269, in July, he hit .258, and so far in August he is batting .286.
- Shelley Duncan was 2 for 3.
- Juan Miranda was 1 for 4 with his 16th homer of the season.
- Yurendell de Caster was 1 for 3 with a walk.
- Francisco Cervelli was 0 for 2 with a walk.
Trenton was off tonight
Tampa was off tonight
Charleston loses to Lexington, 3-1 (7 innings, game 1)
- Manny Banuelos was not in his usual form. In 3 2/3 innings, the Mexican teenager gave up 3 runs on 6 hits and 2 walks, while striking out 4 and tossing 3 wild pitches. He also picked a runner off of first base. Banuelos’ season ERA moved up to 2.78, so he’s still looking pretty good.
- Jose Pirela was 0 for 1 before being replaced after an inning. Not sure if there is an injury involved, but I will update when I find out.
- Addison Maruszak, replacing Pirela, was 1 for 2.
- Corban Joseph was 1 for 3, and is hitting an even .300.
- Taylor Grote and Ray Kruml were 1 for 2 with a walk.
- Garrison Lassiter and Jeff Farnham were 1 for 3. Lassiter made a fielding error, his 17th of the season.
Charleston over Lexington, 6-5 (7 innings)
- Cory Arbiso got the win, giving up 5 runs (4 earned) on 8 hits and a walk in 6 innings, with a strikeout.
- Pirela, back for the 2nd game, was evidently not hurt too badly (if that is why he left the first game). He went 1 for 4.
- Abe Almonte was 2 for 4 with his 23rd steal of the season. He also made a throwing error.
- Corban Joseph was 1 for 4.
- Addison Maruszak was 1 for 3.
- Taylor Grote was 2 for 2 with a walk.
- Neall French was 2 for 3 with a double.
- Mitch Abeita was 1 for 2 with a double and a walk.
- Ray Kruml was 1 for 3.
Staten Island blanked by Aberdeen, 1-0 (10 innings)
- Francisco Rondon started, giving up a hit and 3 walks in 5 1/3 shutout innings, with 4 strikeouts.
- Gavin Brooks threw 1 2/3 scoreless innings, striking out 2 and walking 1.
- Zoilo Almonte was 1 for 5.
- DeAngelo Mack and Mike Lyon were 1 for 3.
- Neil Medchill was 1 for 3 with a walk and a steal.
- Kyle Higashioka was 0 for 4 with a walk and a passed ball.
- Hector Rabago was 1 for 4.
GCL Yanks defeat Phillies, 8-3
- Alan Horne got the start, giving up a hit and 3 walks in 5 scoreless innings, and striking out 3. It’s good to see him pitching effectively again, and hopefully he will be able to continue to do so without pain at higher levels.
- Manny Barreda struck out 2 in 2 perfect innings.
- Ramon Flores was 1 for 5.
- Jose Toussen was 2 for 4 with a double, a triple, and a walk.
- Kelvin De Leon was 0 for 4 with a walk and a strikeout. He is slumping, batting just .125 in his last 10 games to drop his average to .267. 41 strikeouts in 33 games is certainly not great either.
- Kevin Mahoney was 1 for 5 with a grand slam.
- Jose Mojica was 3 for 5 with a double.
- Jud Golsan was 1 for 3 with a walk.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees