Scranton defeats Syracuse, 2-1
- Romulo Sanchez started and pitched very well, giving up 2 hits and 2 walks in 7 shutout innings, and striking out 9. For a guy who has spent the bulk of his career as a reliver, he has done admirably as a starter.
- Zach Kroenke gave up an unearned run on 1 hit in 2/3 of an innings, with a strikeout.
- Jon Albaladejo gave up 2 hits in 1 1/3 scoreless, fanning 1.
- Kevin Russo was 2 for 4, and was caught stealing.
- Ramiro Pena was 0 for 4.
- Austin Jackson and Shelley Duncan were 1 for 3.
- Juan Miranda was 1 for 3 with his 19th homer of the season, but made his 10th error, a lot for a 1st baseman.
Trenton falls to Altoona, 9-4
- Lance Pendleton started, giving up 3 runs on 9 hits and a walk in 6 innings, with 4 strikeouts.
- Eduardo Nunez was 2 for 5 with 2 doubles.
- Chris Malec was 1 for 2 with a homer and 2 walks.
- Noah Hall and PJ Pilittere were 1 for 4.
- Justin Snyder was 2 for 4 with a double.
Tampa defeats Dunedin, 6-3 (7 innings, game 1)
- David Phelps continued his strong pitching, giving up a run on 4 hits and a walk in 5 innings of work, with 4 strikeouts. The 22 year-old righty from Notre Dame has a 1.35 ERA since being promoted to Tampa. He also picked Adam Loewen (a relatively inexperienced position player) off of first base.
- David Adams was 2 for 4 with a grand slam, and was caught stealing.
- Austin Romine was 0 for 3 with his 10th passed ball of the year.
- Brandon Laird was 2 for 3 with a double.
- Kevin Smith and Walter Ibarra were 1 for 3.
- Luis Nunez was 1 for 2 with a double and a walk.
Tampa defeated by Dunedin, 4-1
- Ryan Zink took the loss, giving up 4 runs on 6 hits and 2 walks in 5 innings, with 3 strikeouts.
- Brad Rulon struck out 1 in a perfect inning of relief.
- Emerson Landoni was 2 for 3.
- Dan Brewer and Kevin Smith were 1 for 3.
- Brandon Laird was 1 for 3 with his 13th homer of the season.
Charleston conquers Rome, 2-1
- Brandon Braboy started for the Riverdogs, and gave up a run on 4 hits and a walk in 6 innings, and struck out 2.
- Manny Banuelos gave up a hit in 2 innings of scoreless relief, and struck out 5. The 6th out was recorded when Man-Bam picked a runner off of first base.
- Jose Pirela and Abe Almonte were 1 for 3 with a walk. Almonte, who is now hitting .273 on the year, also stole 2 bases, giving him 35 on the season.
- Melky Mesa was 2 for 4.
- Taylor Grote, Addison Maruszak, and Garrison Lassiter were 1 for 4.
- Ray Kruml was 2 for 3, and was caught stealing.
Staten Island over Tri-City, 10-6
- Matt Richardson started, giving up 4 runs on 8 hits and a walk in 4 innings, and striking out 2
- Jimmy Paredes was 2 for 3 with a double and his 20th steal, boosting his average to .286.
- Deangelo Mack was 1 for 3 with his 6th homer of the season.
- Neil Medchill was 2 for 3 with his league-leading 14th homer of the season, and was also walked twice.
- Kyle Higashioka was 0 for 4 with a walk.
- Mike Lyon was 1 for 3 with 2 walks.
- Kelvin Castro was 2 for 4 with a double, a triple, a steal, and a walk.
- Carmen Angelini was 1 for 4 with a stolen base.
GCL Yanks fall to Blue Jays, 4-3 (11 innings)
- Jose Ramirez continued his impressive pitching, giving up 2 hits in 6 shutout innings, and fanning 9. The 19 year-old from the DR has been very impressive this season, with a 1.48 ERA and a nifty 0.80 WHIP.
- Eduardo Sosa was 0 for 3 with 3 walks and his 10th steal.
- Jose Toussen was 1 for 4 with a double and a walk.
- JR Murphy and Kelvin De Leon were each 1 for 5 with 2 strikeouts.
- Kevin Mahoney was 1 for 5 with a homer.
- Jose Mojica was 3 for 5.
- Ramon Flores was 1 for 4 with a walk.
- Yunior Tabares was 2 for 5.
- No word on why Slade Heathcott was out of the lineup, but my bet is that they were just giving him a day off.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees