Hello friends. After completing a certain annoying standardized test today, I am back in business. And without further adieu, tonight’s recap.
Scranton falls to Lehigh Valley, 9-1
- Romulo Sanchez got the start, giving up 3 runs on 6 hits and 3 walks in 4 1/3 innings, with 6 strikeouts. Sanchez, reportedly hitting 99 on the gun of late, could make an interesting bullpen piece, though the Yankees seem to be using him as a starter for now.
- Zach Kroenke gave up 3 runs on 2 hits and 2 walks in 1 1/3 innings, striking out 1 and raising his ERA to 1.75.
- Edwar Ramirez gave up 2 runs on 2 hits and a walk in 1 1/3 innings.
- Kevin Whelan gave up a run on a hit and 2 walks, and struck out 1.
- Kevin Russo was 1 for 3 with a walk and a double, and is hitting .335 on the season.
- Austin Jackson was 0f or 4.
- Juan Miranda was 1 for 2 with a double.
- Yurendell de Caster was 1 for 4.
- Reegie Corona and Chris Stewart were 1 for 2 with a double.
Trenton shuts out New Hampshire, 1-0
- Paul Bush got the start, giving up a hit and 3 walks in 4 innings, with 4 strikeouts.
- The rest of the Yankee bullpen held New Hampshire hitless.
- Humberto Sanchez got the win, striking out 2 in a perfect inning of work. He has not given up a run in his last 8 outings, 12 1/3 innings in total.
- Eduardo Nunez was 1 for 4 with a double.
- PJ Pilittere and James Cooper were each 1 for 4.
- Edwar Gonzalez was 1 for 3.
Tampa’s game was postponed
Charleston falls to Rome, 6-3 (completion of suspended game)
- Brett Smith got the start, giving up 5 runs (4 earned) on 5 hits and 2 walks in 4 innnings.
- Andrew Brackman gave up a run on 3 hits and 3 walks in 2 innings of work.
- Jose Pirela was 2 for 5 with a double and an error.
- Ray Kruml was 1 for 5.
- Abe Almonte was 1 for 5 with his 32nd steal of the season. Abe has struggled offensively this season, with a meager .668 OPS, but at only 20, he still has time to get it together. Almonte’s speed is definitely a huge asset, and if he can get his hitting together, he could rocket up the prospect charts.
- Garrison Lassiter was 2 for 4 with a double.
- Jeff Farnham was 1 for 3 with a walk.
Staten Island’s game was postponed
GCL Yanks defeat Pirates, 3-1
- Jose Ramirez continued to pitch well, giving up 3 hits and striking out 4 in 6 shutout innings, lowering his ERA to 1.64.
- Manny Barreda walked 1 and struck out 2 in 2 shutout innings.
- Eduardo Sosa was 0 for 4.
- Jose Toussen was 2 for 4 with a double and a throwing error.
- JR Murphy, DH’ing in his 2nd pro game, was 2 for 4 with a double. He was 1 for 3 yesterday.
- Kelvin De Leon was 2 for 4 with a double and his 7th homer of the season.
- Jorge Liccien was 1 for 3.
That’s all for tonight. Look forward to seeing some newly-signed draftees making their season debuts this weekend, including Slade Heathcott in the GCL, and Caleb Cotham in Staten Island.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees