Earlier today, Pete Abraham (LoHud) noted the following:
It’s not official yet, but it sounds like the Yankees could put Joba back into the rotation rather than use Mitre and Gaudin on consecutive days. CC’s long start certainly helped the bullpen last night.
Marc Carig has confirmed that the Yankees will, indeed, start Joba on Sunday, effectively eliminating what could have been two back-to-back pitching nightmares from Sergio Mitre and Chad Gaudin (assuming Joba pitches well, of course). Joba was slated to pitch next Wednesday, against Oakland, however, it now looks as though Chad Gaudin will take that start, instead. After his outing on Sunday, Joba’s next start will be on the 25th, so he’ll have 10 days of rest (it’s more like 8, but Carig says 10, so I’ll go with it).
The Yankees ought to be careful with their Joba plan. It’s good that it’s fluid and flexible, but you don’t want it to be organic to the point of confusion. I think Joba would benefit from a more tangible schedule, one that is planned out better so that he can prepare accordingly for his starts (mentally and physically). One moment, Joba isn’t pitching on Sunday and, the next moment, he is. Such a system seems somewhat problematic as pitchers are normally creatures of habit.
(props to RAB)
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees