On their radio show this morning, Boomer and Carton were speaking out against the plan for Joba Chamberlain’s next start. Joba is not starting on Sunday as scheduled, and will pitch Wednesday instead. The morning guys, while always entertaining, are also frequently woefully unprepared, and they decided that this meant Sergio Mitre would start against Boston next weekend. However, this is clearly not the case, and actually misses the entire point of the exact manner in which the Yankees manipulated the rotation. Letus take a look at the setup for the next 10 games.
Thrusday v. Seattle- CC
Friday v. Seattle- Pettitte
Saturday v. Seattle- Mitre
Sunday v. Seattle- Gaudin
Monday v. Oakland- AJ
Tuesday v. Oakland- CC
Wednesday v. Oakland- Joba
Thursday off day- skip Mitre and Gaudin
Friday v. Boston- Pettitte
Saturday v. Boston- AJ
Sunday v. Boston- CC
The Yankees are using the off day to skip Joba without any sort of reprecussions. In those 10 games, the 5th starter types only pitch twice, no more than you would expect if the Yankees had left things as is. Instead, they get Joba some rest, do not give Mitre/Gaudin any extra starts, and line up their three hottest pitchers for the Boston series. Seems like a well conceived plan to me. Too bad half of New York thinks Sergio Mitre is making the Sunday night start against Boston.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees