I was listing to Tom Verducci being interviewed by Ian O’Connor this morning, and one of their exchanges struck me as a good topic for a fun discussion. O’Connor asked Verducci if the Yankees should be hoping to avoid the Angels in the first round. Verducci scoffed at the idea, noting that the Angels are not like the Angel teams of years past, who won with their pitching. The 2009 Angels have some questions in their rotation and the bullpen, but have been tearing the cover off the ball for three months now, and are therefore not built like the prototypical playoff behemoth. This got me thinking: who would I least like the Yankees to face in the postseason?
My answer would be Boston. To me, the dream scenario is that Texas wins the WC over Boston, and the Central winner beats the Angels in the 1st round. This would leave the Yankees with a Texas-Central Winner road to the World Series. Why does Boston scare me? They have two pitchers at the top of the rotation with playoff experience who typically pitch well against the Yankees. The Yankees are the better team, but could find themselves on the wrong end of some one run games against those two starters. None of the other teams pitch or hit much better than the Yankees, which makes me less concerned about the Yankees’ chances against them in a short series.
Who would you be most afraid to face?
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees