With the Yankees having lost 3 straight to the White Sox following their amazing run after the All-Star break, the panic level among Yankees fans is rising. Apparently the same exact team that ripped off 11 out 13 coming into this series to notch the best record in baseball is no longer good enough. In the span of three days, fans went from prepping the bubbly to stepping towards the ledge. Let’s have a bit of perspective.
The Yankees are in first place. They were never going to run away with the division, as that would have required them to continue playing .800 baseball while a good team over in Boston would have needed to continue to struggle. It is going to be a dogfight, but the Yankees are well positioned for a postseason berth. Andy Pettitte is pitching better than he has a in a while, and Joba Chamberlain has reestablished himself as a premier starting pitcher. The offense continues to be a strength, despite the hand-wringing over the last man on the roster getting a start at first base. The bullpen has faltered a bit lately, but still figures to be a positive dow the stretch. Could they use another starter? Probably. Is it something to freak out over? Certainly not.
Yankees fans have turned into pre-2004 Red Sox fans. They always sense impending doom, and every losing streak is turned into something greater than it is. This is just a losing streak, and you will chuckle at your reaction when you look back in a month. So step back from the ledge and try to enjoy some baseball.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees