From Pete Abraham:
“This hip injury for me was kind of a blessing in disguise,” Rodriguez said yesterday. “It really kind of gave me a chance to refocus and rethink things, to take basically a timeout from all the white noise I created for myself over the last year and a half. I feel like now I have the opportunity to play baseball.
“The gift that God gave me is to play baseball, not to talk or explain myself.”
Rodriguez returned to the team in May and has been a very good player, hitting 20 home runs and driving in 62 runs. But he is no longer the focal point as other players define the team’s personality. Rodriguez is what he always claimed he wanted to be: Just one of the boys.
Prior to the season, when A-Rod talked about shutting up and becoming just one of the pack, many writers scoffed and suggested that is would be easier said then done. Yet here we are on the ninth of August, and Alex has yet to put his foot in his mouth or make a spectacle of himself at any point this season. His play on the field has been all that we have seen of Alex Rodriguez, and it has made for a much better vibe emanating from the clubhouse. Hopefully he keeps it up through the remainder of his contract, and leaves the talking and speculating to the media. As he says, he has a gift, and he should stick to it.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees