For the Yankees, he’s a nice addition, though. Don’t be swayed by his ERA in the National League, which is driven by a high BABIP and a low LOB%, neither of which are particularly good predictors of future performance. Gaudin has a solid fastball/slider combination and is extremely tough on right-handed hitters. [...]
Peter Abraham has the news, reporting that Pena is up for Claggett. This gives the Yankees incredible flexibility on the bench, with Jerry Hairston Jr. and Pena both being able to play multiple positions adequately. When Brett Gardner returns, I would expect that Pena be sent back down.
In regard to the pitching staff, [...]
In the 8th inning of last night’s blowout, Mark Melancon hit Dustin Pedroia on the shoulder with a pitch, a few pitches after throwing wildly over Pedroia’s head. Dustin was not pleased, barking at Melancon as Posada escorted the diminutive second baseman to first. Here is what the principals had to say:
“I don’t [...]
Remember Bobby Abreu?
After 2008, with a healthy Xavier Nady in tow and despite 2 1/2 very productive seasons in New York, the Yankee front office was fine with letting Abreu walk (he loves walking, so why not?). At the time, the move was considered the right one, especially since Abreu appeared to be [...]
[image title="location.php" size="full" id="6357" align="center" ]
Do you see the lower righthand corner, which is the inside corner to righties and outside corner to lefties? Derryl Cousins decided that this was not a strike. By doing so, he forced Joba away from the lower portion of the strikezone all night. As the following chart [...]
From Peter Abraham (LoHud):
Joe Girardi was in a weird mood after the game. He refused to say why he went to the mound to speak to Joba Chamberlain in the first inning. According to Chamberlain, it was to get the signs straightened out. I suspect it was more to keep Chamberlain and Posada [...]
As I celebrated the Yanks huge 4th inning last night, I couldn’t help but feel a twinge of sadness for the great John Smoltz (or ‘Shmoltz’ as Paul O’Neill would say) as he walked off the mound. He’s one of the best pitchers of his generation, part of Yankee history with Game 5 vs Andy [...]
Well Mr. Cashman seems to have pulled off the deal for his 5th starter, albeit a week after the trade deadline. Chad Gaudin is young (26), though oft-travelled, and cheap (prorated minimum for the rest of the season), and, though the player going back to the Padres hasn’t been announced, it seems likely that Cash [...]
Scranton shuts out Lehigh Valley, 6-0
Recently-signed Russ Ortiz started for the Yankees, and he pitched very well. IN 6 shutout innings, Ortiz gave up 3 hits and 3 walks, and fanned 3. Michael Dunn struck out 2 in 2 perfect innings. Edwar Ramirez gave up 2 hits in an inning of relief, and struck [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees