John Sickels recently posted the following to his blog:
My Top Five Favorite Current Players:
Joe Mauer: Great defense, great hitter, franchise anchor, great makeup. If he lasts long enough, a certain Hall of Famer.
Curtis Granderson: Tremendous makeup and performance. Scouts downplayed his tools in college and the minors, but I always liked him. . .and he’s exceeded even my positive expectations.
Zack Greinke: Combination of power and precision is remarkable. And I admire the tenacity he’s shown in overcoming social anxiety, a problem I had when I was younger.
David Wright: Another guy with tools, skills, makeup.
Kevin Youkilis: I love it when a guy without tools turns into a dominant player on the basis of his skills.
I thought this would be a fun way to while away another afternoon without Yankees baseball. My list would only include Yankees, so I limited myself to one Bronx Bomber. Here is my top five:
1) Mariano Rivera- They know what is coming and have known for almost 15 years. They still cannot hit it.
2) Joe Mauer- Great hitter, great glove behind the plate, humble. The bunt he laid down for a hit against the Yankees tells you all you need to know about this all-around great player.
3) Albert Pujols- The fear he inspires in opposing pitchers in amusing to observe. The only player going today who might merit a walk with the bases loaded.
4) Zach Greinke- His stuff is preposterous. He makes hitters look stupid on a regular basis.
5) Carl Crawford- Hate to pick a Ray, but the electricity that he added to the All-Star game when he reached base made me realize how much fun it is to watch the guy when he is not playing the Yankees.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees