Everyone keeps talking about how Joba must go to the bullpen, because he’s had two bad starts, well I’ve resisted this notion for quite some time, but off these outings, I’ve had an epiphany. Joba must go to the bullpen, yes, but is that enough? By extension of this reasoning, examining CC Sabathia’s last three starts reveals the awful truth. With two of CC’s last three appearances being stinkers, it’s obvious, isn’t it? CC Sabathia must be moved to the bullpen!
How similar have the two pitchers been, lately? Well, in CC’s two starts, he’s allowed 11 earned runs in 12 1/3 innings, while Joba has yielded 7 earned runs in 8 innings: almost identical earned run averages!! CC gave up 4 walks and 19 hits to Joba’s 2 walks and 18 hits. CC clearly can’t handle starting anymore and must be moved to a relief role with Joba. Imagine how good CC would be in the eight inning, people! If Joba and Hughes throw 3-4 mph harder out of the pen, CC would regularly be pegging 98-99mph!
But why should it stop there? Andy Pettitte has lost some of the bite on his cutter and his velocity is down, too. Clearly the extra mph on his heater would make him better as a reliever. Ditto for Wang, certainly. Aceves has obviously been better in the pen, and AJ Burnett really only has two top pitches, with his fastball and curve. Doesn’t that make him ideal for a setup job?
Let’s trade for Halladay – he’s a guy with a clear track record as a starter… but if he has a bad outing, then just think about what a filthy long reliever he’d be! Since clearly everyone would be better served in a relief role, Maybe we can just petition Bud Selig to shorten the games to three innings. That way we could get a nice, steady bullpen rotation going. This is clearly the only solution, since it’s obviously completely unacceptable for our starters to have a couple bad outings.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees