-With CC going tonight against an up and down Scott Kazmir, the Yanks are looking at taking a commanding 9 game in the loss column over the Rays. They’re a very good and very dangerous ballclub, but if the Yanks were to sweep them, then we will have to forget about them being in the mix for a while. Call me again when they’re 5 games back. Local Tampa newspapers are starting to say the same thing.
-Bronson Arroyo? No thanks. 11 mil guaranteed next year and another year with a 2 mil buyout. Let the Reds pay for their own mistakes, we’ve made plenty of our own over the years.
-Is our biggest problem these days that Mark Melancon isn’t getting any work? Winning 23 of the past 29 games just doesn’t do it for you? PA explains that the bullpen was short. Coke wasn’t available, Hughes threw 41 pitches the day before, Aceves got shelled his past outing and appears to need some rest, Mo has worked a ton lately and it looks like they’re staying away from using Bruney back to back days. You have to have someone backing up Dave Robertson, just in case things get interesting. When you’re the last guy in the bullpen you’re not going to get much work, it’s the nature of the job. Brett Tomko had all of 15 appearances in close to 4 months with the team. Lets not make Girardi into Joe Torre because one guy hasn’t been used much. His lack of use is also of function of the fact we’ve been getting outstanding starting pitching for the past month. The last man in the pen tends to get used in blowouts, and we just haven’t had many.
-We usually don’t comment on Mets topics, but its the sports story of the day here in NY. Omar Minaya’s attacking Adam Rubin for having conflict of interest was one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen a GM do, especially one that’s already in trouble. You don’t win personal battles with the media. You don’t look good as a high paid Baseball executive attacking a low paid beat writer. You don’t as a GM disseminate these stories yourself, you get people like Mike Francesa, who you have on speed dial to do them for you. We keep hearing from the Met-friendly side of the media (WFAN, Daily News, SNY) that Omar is not as dumb as he sounds in these press conferences. To quote Forrest Gump “Stupid is as stupid does”.
-A belated happy birthday to Alex Rodriguez, who turned 34 yesterday.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees