-Yanks are rolling, back in 1st place and life is good. When you can call up Sergio Mitre and get a solid performance in which he gives up 2 earned runs and gets you to the 6th inning, you know you’re hot. And yes, I know he was charged with 3 ER, but Johnny Damon was responsible for 2 of them. We all have heard of CERA, is there such a thing as LFERA?
-Apparently Jack Nicholson is a Yankee fan and was wearing his colors at a Phillies game, no less. Maybe now I can finally convince Johnny Damon to play this clip from “The Shining” on the big screen when he comes to the plate at home.
-Yankee great Joe Gordon finally gets into the Hall of Fame this Sunday, along with Ricky Henderson and ‘Most feared hitter of the late 70′s’ Jim Rice. Long overdue for ‘Flash’, who was a perennial All Star and MVP candidate on some of the greatest Yankee teams in history, including the 1939 edition which is among the best teams of all time. He didn’t play long enough (11 seasons) to hit any of the magic numbers (3,000 hits/1500 RBIs) but for 9 straight years he was the best 2B in the game.
-Sorry, but Hal Steinbrenner saying the Yanks want to win
manager wears #27 on his back, I think he’s aware of the expectations around here. Must have been a slow news day.
-Make sure to catch the Mike Mussina Yankeeography. It’s on again this Sunday @ 9:00 PM, and it’s really terrific. His collection of antique tractors alone is worth the hour of TV time. But seriously, check it out.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees