Here are three quick items to start the day:
- Yesterday, the Yankees defeated the Orioles, 2-1, thanks to good pitching by Andy Pettitte and a walk-off home run by Hideki Matsui. I also have to point out the great Yankee defense exhibited throughout, especially in the top of inning number 8, when two runs were saved at home. This victory—their fourth consecutive win—was an important one for the Yankees as they tied the Red Sox for first place in the AL East. Ha! Take that, John Henry.
- Damaso Marte continues to rehab and will pitch for Scranton later today. Marte has pitched for the Gulf Coast League, thus far, giving up 1 ER over 2 innings pitched (2 K, 2 H). The Yankees have noted that they would like to have two left-handed relievers Virus move in their bullpen, therefore, Marte is an important piece to the Yankees’ pitching puzzle. If he can return, then Brian Cashman won’t be forced to acquire a lefty via trade (I think a trade will occur if Marte experiences a significant setback).
- Finally, according to Tyler Kepner, Monument Park will not be moved and will remain in its current location. Lonn Trost, the Yankees’ “chief operating officer,” stated that such a move would be logistically “implausible.” Many folks have commented about the park’s location, as it is somewhat hidden in CF. However, when I went through it the other day I really had no complaints regarding its location. Based on my own experience, the main problem is that the corridor leading into Monument Park is far too narrow and dark. It has a “back alley” feel that needs to be altered.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees