With the Yanks riding high in first place for the first time in about a year and a half, I wanted to have a little fun today. I have a fantasy about the Yanks, one I’ve had since early in the season.
It’s Game 7 of the ALCS at Yankee stadium. Yanks (of course) playing the Red Sox. Game is tied 3-3 in the 8th inning. Brett Gardner hits a 1 out double that’s really a single but JD Drew bobbles the play, and gritty gutty Brett stretches it out to two with some heads up base running and blazing speed.
Then Melky hits a slow roller to 2B, advancing Brett to 3B. Captain Clutch Derek Jeter is due up next, so Tito calls on Paps for the hold with the tie game on the road.
Corky Romano psp Paps is on the mound, sneering and snorting as usual. Jeter steps into the batter’s box. Then just as Paps goes into his delivery, Brett Gardner breaks from Third base. The pitch is a splitter, which Varitek has trouble handling. Gardner slides into home, Varitek tags him before he reaches the plate, but the umpire yells ‘Safe!’. Varitek looks down and realizes the ball is laying on the ground behind him, he rushed the play and lost the ball. Yankee Stadium is up for grabs.
Mo comes in to save the game, and the 2009 Yanks advance to the World Series to face the Joe Torre and the LA Dodgers, who they sweep in 4 blowouts.
That’s my fantasy. What’s yours?
(BTW-Extra points for creativity)
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees