No, it wont be on MTV anytime soon, but check out Jete’s new digs in sunny Florida. Cost him about 2 month’s pay, the poor guy. Maybe he can do a few more “Ford Edge” and “Gillette Fusion” commercials to make up for it.
TAMPA – Rising like an aircraft carrier under construction, the future home of New York Yankees baseball star Derek Jeter is taking shape on Davis Islands.
Designed with a whopping 30,875 square feet of space, the seven-bedroom, nine-bathroom waterfront home dwarfs nearby mansions and could end up the largest home in Hillsborough County. It’s roughly the size of a BestBuy electronics store and twice the size of the previous No. 1 house, just across Hillsborough Bay on Bayshore Boulevard, owned by Lazydays RV SuperCenter founder Don Wallace.
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 dvdrip Kered Connors LLC, which lists Jeter as the “sole member,” purchased adjacent waterfront lots on Davis Islands’ Bahama Circle in 2005 and 2006. (“Kered” spells “Derek” backward.) Kered Connors paid $7.7 million for the properties at Bahama Circle and Baffin Avenue.
Because it’s one of a kind and unlikely to attract many buyers besides the ultrawealthy, the market value of the home is hard to determine. Using the rough selling price of waterfront Davis Islands properties, the home itself could be worth $6.2 million to $7.7 million, depending on features.
Jeter is making $21.6 million this season with the Yankees.
I understand there’s a recording of Bob Sheppard’s voice when you enter the front door as well. He really spared no expense. Although for some reason he didn’t build a garage, so apparently his dates will still have to pay for their parking down the block.
I’ve seen people comment on the place already, saying stuff like this:
“The guy is a bachelor, what does he need a house that big for?”
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday . . . Just like Hugh Hefner. Or maybe he could go ahead and get married but not see his wife for months in that place, which would effectively mean he’s still single.
BTW-Don’t forget to enter the TYU Trivia Contest.
Winner gets a guest post and a copy of the new Munson Book!
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees