Scranton’s game against Pawtucket was postponed
Trenton tops New Britain, 7-6 (14 innings)
- Ryan Pope started, giving up 4 runs on 7 hits and 2 walks in 6 innings.
- Kevin Whelan struck out 2 in 2 innings of 2-hit relief.
- Josh Schmidt got the win, striking out 4 and giving up just 1 hit in 2 shutout innings. Schmidt ran his record to 7-1 with this win, and lowered his ERA to 1.34.
- Austin Krum was 1 for 6.
- Reegie Corona was 2 for 5 with a walk and his 6th homer of the year.
- Jorge Vazquez was 2 for 6.
- Jesus Montero, catching was 0 for 4 with 2 strikeouts. On the bright side, he threw out 1 of the 2 baserunners who attempted to steal.
- Richie Robnett was 2 for 5 with a double and a walk.
- Justin Snyder was 2 for 6, and his double in the bottom of the 14th plated the winning run.
Tampa blanked by Lakeland, 4-0
- Ryan Zink took the loss, giving up 4 runs on 6 hits in 7 innings, and walking 1.
- Adam Olbrychowski gave up a hit in 1 shutout inning of relief.
- Dan Brewer was 1 for 4.
- Damon Sublett was 1 for 3 with a walk.
- Austin Romine was 0 for 4.
- Brandon Laird was 0 for 3 with a walk.
- Kevin Smith was 2 for 4 with a double.
- Walter Ibarra was 1 for 3.
Charleston blows out Asheville, 14-4
- Manuel Banuelos put together another strong outing, giving up 3 runs (1 earned) on 5 hits in 6 innings of work, and striking out 5. He also picked a guy off Man-Ban’s ERA is now at 2.20 on the season, and he has been consistently solid.
- Jose Pirela was 3 for 6 with 3 doubles, raising his average to .315. He has not shown home run power yet, but the doubles are an encouraging sign for the 19 year-old Venezuelan shortstop.
- Ray Kruml was 3 for 5 with a walk.
- Melky Mesa was 1 for 4 with a double.
- Corban Joseph was 4 for 6 with 2 doubles and a triple.
- Abe Almonte was 1 for 5.
- Taylor Grote was 1 for 4 with a walk.
- Garrison Lassiter was 2 for 5 with a double, but also made 2 errors, giving him 12 on the season.
- Chase Weems was 2 for 4.
Staten Island shuts out Lowell, 2-0
- Midnight Clear video
- Kelvin Perez started, giving up 3 hits and walk in 5 shutout innings, and striking out 5.
- Jimmy Paredes was 1 for 4 with 2 steals.
- Kyle Higashioka was 1 for 3 with a double and a walk, and threw out the only runner who attempted to steal on him.
- Neil Medchill was 2 for 3 with a walk and a steal.
- Rob Lyerly was 1 for 4 with a double.
GCL Yanks defeat Pirates, 4-2
- Matt Richardson had another strong start, giving up 5 hits and a walk in 5 scoreless, and striking out 5. He has allowed just 1 earned run in 16 innings, for a microscopic 0.56 ERA.
- Eduardo Sosa was 1 for 4.
- Jose Toussen and Kevin Mahoney were 1 for 4 with a walk.
- Kelvin De Leon was 1 for 5 with his 2nd homer of the year, but also struck out 3 times.
- Francisco Arcia was 2 for 4.
- Jose Mojica was 2 for 4 with 2 doubles.
- Yunior Tabares was 1 for 4.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees