Scranton defeats Pawtucket, 3-2 (11 innings, game 1)
- Ivan Nova outlasted Michael Bowden, giving up 2 runs on 7 hits and a walk in 5 1/3 innings, with 2 strikeouts.
- Edwar Ramirez was great, walking 1 in 2 2/3 shutout innings, and fanning 4.
- Mark Melancon got the win, giving up a hit and a walk in 3 scoreless.
- Kevin Russo, Colin Curtis and Eric Duncan were 1 for 5. Russo also walked
- Ramiro Pena was 1 for 4 with a double and a walk.
- Austin Jackson was 0 for 2 with 3 walks and a sac fly.
- Shelley Duncan was 0 for 3 with a walk.
- Juan Miranda was 3 for 5 with a walk.
- Yurendell de Caster, recently signed from the Netherlands, was 2 for 5.
- Chris Stewart was 2 for 4 with a walk.
Scranton over Pawtucket, 4-1 (7 innings, game 2) Whore aka Yo puta
- Kei Igawa pitched well, giving up a run on 6 hits and a walk in 6 innings of work, with 3 strikeouts.
- Anthony Claggett got the save, giving up a hit and fanning 1 in 1 inning of work.
- Kevin Russo and Justin Bernier were 1 for 3.
- Ramiro Pena was 1 for 2 with 2 walks.
- Austin Jackson was 2 for 3 with his 4th homer of the year and a walk.
- Shelley Duncan was 2 for 2 with 2 walks.
Trenton defeated by New Britain, 3-1
- Zach McAllister took the loss, but didn’t get much help from his defense, which made 4 errors. Z-Mac gave up 3 runs (2 earned) on 4 hits and 3 walks, while striking out 6. His 1.87 ERA leads the Eastern League.
- Reegie Corona was 1 for 3 with a walk, an error, and 2 stolen bases.
- Jose Molina, DH’ing, was 0 for 3 with a walk.
- Jorge Vazquez was 2 for 4, and made 2 errors.
- Jesus Montero, catching, was 1 for 4 with a double. He also picked a runner off from 2nd base. Hopefully, the brief time spent with Jose Molina will rub off on him, and Molina will give him some good defensive advice.
- Chris Malec and Austin Krum 1 for 3, and Krum stole a base.
Tampa falls to Brevard County, 6-3
- Humberto Sanchez took the loss, giving up 3 runs (2 earned) on 2 hits and a walk in 2 2/3 innings, and striking out 3. He also made a throwing error.
- Dan Brewer was 1 for 5.
- Matt Cusick was 3 for 4 with a double and a triple.
- Austin Romine was 1 for 4.
- Kevin Smith was 2 for 4 with a double.
- Jack Rye was 1 for 3 with a walk.
- Walter Ibarra was 1 for 4 with an error.
Charleston defeated by Asheville, 6-5
- Andrew Brackman struggled again, giving up 6 runs on 4 hits and 4 walks in 1 inning of work, with 2 strikeouts. His 6.01 ERA is in large part due to awful control of late, and I wonder if he is trying to pitch through an injury.
- Brad Rulon struck out 4 in 4 innings of 2-hit relief.
- Jose Pirela was 2 for 5 with a double, raising his average to .315.
- Ray Kruml and Melky Mesa were each 1 for 5 with a double. Kruml also stole a base, his 18th of the year.
- Corban Joseph was 3 for 5.
- Garrison Lassiter was 0 for 4 with a walk.
- Abe Almonte was 0 for 3 with 2 walks and his 15th steal.
- Mitch Abeita was 3 for 4.
- Neall French was 2 for 3 with a walk.
- Tom Baldridge was 1 for 4.
Staten Island over Lowell, 7-2
- Adam Warren pitched much better in his 2nd Yankee outing, giving up 2 hits and a walk in 5 shutout innings, and striking out 2.
- Jimmy Paredes, Kyle Higashioka, and Neil Medchill were each 1 for 4. Higgy threw out 1 of the 2 runners who attempted to steal. Paredes stole his 11th base.
- Zoilo Almonte was 1 for 3 with a walk, a steal, and a home run.
- Rob Lyerly was 2 for 3 with a double.
- Kelvin Castro was 2 for 3 with a double and a triple.
- DeAngelo Mack was 2 for 4 with a double.
GCL Yanks top Pirates, 6-3
- Daniel Gil started, giving up 2 runs on 2 hits and a walk in 5 innings, while striking out 4.
- Ramon Flores was 0 for 3 with a walk.
- Jose Toussen was 1 for 4 with a walk and a steal.
- Kelvin De Leon was 2 for 4 with a double, raising his average to .364.
- Eduardo Sosa was 1 for 4 with a double and an error.
- Jose Mojica was 2 for 4 with 2 doubles, boosting his average to .345.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees