Scranton’s game against Durham was postponed
Trenton’s doubleheader against Harrisburg was postponed
Tampa shuts out Charlotte, 7-0
- David Phelps started for the Yankees, giving up 2 hits and a walk in 6 scoreless innings, and striking out 6. He has given up just 1 earned run in 2 starts since being promoted to Tampa.
- Pat Venditte did his thing, striking out 4 in 2 perfect relief innings.
- Dan Brewer was 2 for 4 with a walk and a steal.
- Matt Cusick was 2 for 5 with a stolen base.
- Damon Sublett was 3 for 4 with a triple and a steal.
- David Adams was 0 for 2 with 2 walks.
- Brandon Laird was 0 for 4.
- Seth Fortenberry was 2 for 5 with a triple.
- Luis Nunez was 3 for 4.
- Jose Gil was 2 for 4.
Charleston defeats West Virgninia, 8-7
- Brandon Braboy started, giving up 2 runs on 4 hits and a walk in 4 innings. He also struck out 6.
- Jose Pirela was 3 for 4 with a triple, a steal, and a walk. This brought his average up to .311 on the season.
- Ray Kruml was 2 for 5 with 3 strikeouts and a steal.
- Corban Joseph was 1 for 4.
- Melky Mesa was 1 for 4 with a double.
- Taylor Grote was 1 for 5 with a double.
- Garrison Lassiter was 3 for 3 with 2 doubles and a walk.
- Neall French was 1 for 3.
- Chase Weems was 1 for 3 with a double.
Staten Island’s game against Brooklyn was postponed
GCL Yankees fall to Pirates, 3-1
- Alan Horne, rehabbing, was the starter. In 3 2/3 innings, Horne gave up a run on 4 hits, while striking out 7.
- Nik Turley took the loss, but pitched well. In 4 2/3 innings, Turley gave up 2 runs (1 earned) on 4 hits and 2 walks, and struck out 8.
- Eduardo Sosa was 2 for 4 with a steal, but also got picked off.
- Ramon Flores was 1 for 4 with a triple.
- Kelvin De Leon was 0 for 4 with 2 strikeouts, and had an outfield assist. His average dropped below .300 for the first time in a while.
- Jose Mojica was 1 for 4, was caught stealing, and made an error.
- Chris Smith was 1 for 4 with a double.
- Mitch Delaney was 1 for 2 with a triple and a walk.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees