Scranton defeated by Durham, 4-2
- Josh Towers got the start, giving up 2 runs on 6 hits and a walk in 7 innings, while striking out 7.
- Damaso Marte took the loss, giving up 2 runs on 3 hits (2 left the yard) in 1 2/3 innings, and striking out 3. The strikeouts indicate that his stuff is likely good, but the 2 home runs indicate that he has some work to do still.
- Kevin Russo, Shelley Duncan, John Rodriguez, and Chris Stewart were 1 for 4.
- Ramiro Pena was 0 for 4.
- Austin Jackson was 1 for 4.
- Yurrell de Caster and Juan Miranda were 1 for 4 with a double.
- Colin Curtis was 2 for 4.
Trenton falls to Harrisburg, 2-1
- Jason Stephens started, giving up a run on 7 hits in 3 1/3 innings, and fanning 2.
- Humberto Sanchez struck out 2 and gave up a hit in 2 2/3 scoreless.
- Austin Krum was 2 for 3 with 2 walks.
- Reegie Corona was 0 for 5.
- Eduardo Nunez was 3 for 4 with a double. The 22 year-old shortstop is hitting .297 on the season.
- Jesus Montero was 2 for 4 with an RBI double, raising his average to .306.
- Chris Malec was 1 for 4.
- James Cooper was 2 for 4 with a double.
Tampa tops Charlotte, 8-5 (11 innings)
- Craig Heyer started, giving up a run on 5 hits in 4 innings, and striking out 4.
- Tim Norton gave up 2 runs on 4 hits in 2 innings, and struck out 2.
- Brad Rulon was the winner, striking out 3 in 3 scoreless innings, while giving up a hit and walking 2.
- Dan Brewer was 2 for 6, and was caught stealing.
- Matt Cusick was 2 for 5 with a double.
- Austin Romine was 1 for 5 wtih a triple
- Damon Sublett was 2 for 4 with a triple and 2 walks.
- David Adams was 2 for 6 with a double and a triple.
- Walter Ibarra was 3 for 5 with a double.
Charleston falls to West Virginia, 4-1
- After being no-hit in yesterday’s game, the Riverdogs mustered just 1 hit today.
- Cory Arbiso took the loss, giving up 4 runs (2 earned) on 8 hits and 2 walks in 6 2/3 innings, and struck out 5.
- Neall French had the only Charleston hit, going 1 for 3.
- It is worthy of note that Brandon Laird and Corban Joseph, 2 of Charleston’s hottest hitters, did not play today. I’m not sure if this was just a routine day off (likely) or a possible precursor to a deadline deal for a 5th starter.
Staten Island shuts out Hudson Valley, 3-0
- Arodys Vizcaino started for the Yankees, and got the win. In 5 1/3 shutout innings, the 18 year-old gave up 1 hit and 4 walks, and struck out 4. He ERA on the season is 2.54, very good for anyone, but especially an 18 year-old pitching against older competition.
- Zoilo Almonte was 3 for 3 with a double, a homer, and a walk.
- Neil Medchill was 0 for 4.
- Luke Murton was 1 for 4.
- DeAngelo Mack was 1 for 4 with his 3rd homer of the season.
- Kelvin Castro was 1 for 3.
- Rob Lyerly was 1 for 3 with a double.
GCL Yankees defeat Pirates, 3-2
- Jose Ramirez started, giving up 2 runs (1 earned) on 5 hits and 2 walks in 4 innings, while striking out 3.
- Eduardo Sosa was 0 for 3 with a walk.
- Jose Toussen was 1 for 4.
- Kelvin de Leon was 1 for 4 with a double and 2 strikeouts.
- Kevin Mahoney was 2 for 4 with a double.
- Jose Mojica was 1 for 4.
- Ramon Flores was 0 for 3 with 2 strikeouts, was caught stealing, and had an outfield assist.
- Yunior Tabares was 1 for 2.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees