International League (AAA) All-Stars Defeat PCL All-Stars,6-5
- Zach Kroenke was the only Yankee pitcher selected to this game, and struck out 2 in an inning of 1-hit relief.
- Austin Jackson, leading off and starting in centerfield, was 1 for 3 with a triple.
- Shelley Duncan was 0 for 3.
South All-Stars (AA) Fall to North All-Stars, 5-3
- Zach McAllister was given the ball to start for the North All-Stars by Trenton manager Tony Franklin. Zach pitched a shutout inning, giving up 1 hit.
- Josh Schmidt struck out 1 in a 1-hit scoreless inning.
- Mike Dunn walked 2 in a hitless inning of relief.
- Eduardo Nunez started at short and batted 2nd, going 2 for 3.
- Reegie Corona replaced Nunez, and was 1 for 2.
- Jorge Vazquez, DH’ing, was 0 for 3.
- Jesus Montero, catching, was 2 for 2.
Tampa defeated by Daytona, 8-2
- Ryan Zink got shelled, giving up 8 runs on 11 hits and 2 walks in 3 innings, with 2 strikeouts.
- Dan Brewer, Brandon Laird, and Brian Baisley were each 1 for 4.
- Matt Cusick was 3 for 4 with a walk and a triple.
- Austin Romine and Damon Sublett were each 0 for 4.
- David Adams was 1 for 3 with a double and a walk.
Charleston falls to Hickory, 4-1
- Manny Banuelos took the loss, giving up 3 runs on 7 hits and a walk in 5 innings, while striking out 5. His ERA sits at 2.40, and 3 was the most earned runs he has given up since May 22.
- Brad Rulon struck out 5 and gave up a run on 2 hits and a walk in 3 innings of relief.
- Jose Pirela was 1 for 3 with a walk.
- Abe Almonte was 0 for 3 witha walk.
- Corban Joseph and Garrison Lassiter were both 0 for 4.
- Melky Mesa was 0 for 2 with a walk.
- Addison Maruszak was 2 for 3 with a double and a walk.
- Chase Weems was 1 for 3.
Staten Island tops Mahoning Valley, 9-1
- Sean Black, the Yankees’ 7th-rounder out of Seton Hall, made his professional debut, giving up 3 hits and a walk in 5 scoreless, with 3 strikeouts.
- Jimmy Paredes was 2 for 4 with a double and a triple.
- Zoilo Almonte was 1 for 4 with a double and a walk.
- Carmen Angelini was 0 for 5 with an error. Bad Carmen!
- Kyle Higashioka was 0 for 4 with a walk.
- Neil Medchill continued to rake, going 2 for 4 with his 6th homer of the season.
- DeAngelo Mack was 3 for 5 with a double and his 1st homer of the season.
GCL Yanks beat Braves, 11-9
- Nik Turley struggled, giving up 5 runs on 7 hits in 5 innings pitched. Although he had only 1 walk, he also hit 3 batters, which might be evidence that he was having control problems (though it is worthy of note that Lance Niekro of the Braves, a recently converted knuckleballer, hit 5 Yankees in 2 innings).
- Jud Golson was 2 for 6 with a steal.
- Jose Toussen was 2 for 4 with a walk and an error.
- Kevin Mahoney was 2 for 6 with 3 doubles.
- Kelvin De Leon, Eduardo Sosa, and Jose Mojica were each 1 for 5. De Leon k’d 5 times, Sosa twice, and Mojica once. Mojica also made 2 errors. Although De Leon is raking this season (.348/.400/.565 w/ 4 homers), 27 strikeouts in 69 AB’s is a little scary, especially with only 4 walks. That said, the kid’s 18, so he has time to fix that strikeout rate and develop more discipline.
- Yunior Tabares was 2 for 4.
- Isaiah Brown was 1 for 4 with a homer.
That’s all for tonight. Be sure to check out our Trivia Contest.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees