Girardi said the team will have discussions in the next few days about how to replace Wang in the rotation. He immediately ruled out two options: Alfredo Aceves and Phil Hughes. Both have been starters before, but Girardi will not move them from the bullpen.
“They’re not in a position where you could run them out there for 90 to 100 pitches,” Girardi said. “There’s no way.”
Creepshow divx Girardi said Aceves could throw 60 pitches maximum and Hughes only 50. So the starter will have to come from the minor leagues.
Right decision by Joe, and frankly an easy one. It will take Hughes 3-4 starts (2-3 weeks) to get stretched out enough to be able to give you 5-6 innings. Wang is expected back in within a month download Pit and the Pendulum , at which point Hughes would go right back to the bullpen. There’s no point stretching Phil out then putting him back in the bullpen after one start. That’s just begging for him to get hurt, and he has a long injury history as it is. Also, you’d lose Phil’s contributions out of the bullpen in the meantime, which have been huge.
While Wang hasn’t been great for us this year, people forget Phil wasn’t much better when he was in the rotation. Here’s what Wang has done since returning to the rotation against Texas on June 4th:
GS-6 IP-28 ER-20 H-34 BB-11 ERA-6.42 WHIP-1.61
Here’s what Hughes has done as a starter and reliever:
As a starter Ripper 2: Letter from Within divx
3-2 5.45 ERA, 34.2 IP, 37 H, 15 BB, WHIP 1.52
As a reliever 0-0 1.32 ERA, 13.2 IP, 6 H, 3 BB, WHIP 0.68
Could Tomko or Mitre give us that production as a 5th starter? Yes.
Family Business trailer Could anyone else reproduce those numbers in the bullpen? Most likely not. Maybe a healthy Brian Bruney, but we haven’t seen him since last year.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees